No announcement yet.

Which stonks are you buying if any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, it is confusing, but not surprising, that they chose that ticker instead of TMTG (Trump Media & Technology Group). I think it is the most overvalued personal web page in the history of the interweb.

1/13'000, noice!
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

• Too many down signs for Tesla Q1 telegraphed so out for bonds, instincts proved correct. Red Sea shipping problems, controversies in Berlin turned into an ecoterror attack, etc. Back in for Q2. Yesterday was the earnings call for Q1.

While financials were down they remained profitable. T announced they are accelerating their new cheaper vehicles (yes, plural) in existing factories on lines that are now more efficient. Some could hit the street later this year.

Now pushing to 3 million vehicles many in the lower cost range. In their master plan they list a van (possibly also for use in the Loop tunnels, the Las Vegas Loop being expanded to 68 miles), a CRV size vehicle, robotaxi, and a bus.

Tesla went up 11% after hours. We'll see what they do tomorrow
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

• Well done. I suck at market timing.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

• I may suck at timing and stock picking but I am patient and somewhat disciplined. I stated applying my "algorithm" to PHI (Philips) March 22 and it has been a bumpy ride. Today they reported a 24 Q1 1 bln LOSS and the stock rose by over 40% right now. Funny that. So I was able to clean out my option positions and some stock holdings and am now left with 200 PHI stock at a negative cost, excluding received dividends and option premia. I am out of actively algo-ing PHI.

Comment

Working...
          X