airlines woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. :-)
    Lufthansa already transferred back to the account that was used to buy the tickets (they did not ask me for another account). Fine for me, but something to be aware of if you need it.

Still, it was sad that my parents could not be there... not at the wedding (covid-restrictions) and not at the party. Actually, there was no-one from my family side. Still, a few friends managed to come as they flew with Wizzair from Charleroi.

Of course the whole thing has put my parents off of flying non-direct flights to Warsaw, and for some reason they claim to look forward to coming with a night train (Brussels-Berlin, which will next year be extended to split and continue to Prague and Warsaw). I don't get... why not just fly... they could even stay in the hotel at the airport for one night if it is too exhausting to travel to the airport and then by plane. Ah well, here's hoping they will come soon...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Well, I did enjoy riding the Amtrak from SF to Denver, 39 hours...
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Yes... but when I hear about the problems on German rail, it does not sound like a good alternative. At a project meeting, a team from Netherlands missed one connection due to delays and they ended up searching for and buying tickets while on the train and ended up changing 5 times. Some German colleagues mention that the "Deutsche gründlichkeit" is no longer what it used to be - one has both Dutch and German airports at more or less equal distance and prefers to go via the Netherlands to fly somewhere. It is actually one of the reasons we more often travel by car: even for work trips, we combine the journey with a weekend somewhere in Germany. Our next trip will be in October, combined with a meeting in Deventer .
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Deutsche Gründlickeit ist leider vorbei.

Comment

Working...
          X