Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New solar interior model

Link....

This is a cool page of images created using a ne computer model of the Sun's interior. at he bottom is an animation of the "giant cells".

The images on this page are drawn from a new computer model, developed by researchers at NCAR and other institutions, that simulates convection patterns in the deep interior of the Sun in unprecedented detail. The patterns, known as giant cells, play a critical role in solar variability, influencing magnetic storms that take aim at Earth.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hey, anyone have a link to that guy that claimed to have built a feasible model where the interior of the sun was actually solid metal?
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

The surface of the sun is electrically active and it is completely covered by the photosphere. The sun's surface rotates uniformly every 27.3 days unlike the plasma layer of the photosphere.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I think http://www.thesunisiron.com/ is what Gurm was looking for, but they're both very similar so close enough.

As for the original article, the flash animation of the convection cells is quite mesmerizing to watch...
        Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 11 June 2007, 20:40.

Comment

That's the one. Thanks!
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

cool pictures regardless
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
            X