• Show
Clear All

• Fighter cockpit page

F-22 Raptor

F-35 Lightning II

F-117 Nighthawk (Stealth Fighter)

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

ahhhhh...to be 22 again.

Comment

Carpet!?
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Insulation
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
          Carpet!?

Lambswool seat covers...same stuff that you see car wash mitts made out of
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yeah, I see now where I thought I was looking past the seat at the floor.
            Wondered for a minute there if we were producing a generation of softie pilots.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

I'd be interested to see a progression of the cockpits of some of the longer tooth jets. The F-14,15 and 16 have all gone through numerous revisions as they stay ahead of the curve with new technology.
              Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey View Post
                I'd be interested to see a progression of the cockpits of some of the longer tooth jets. The F-14,15 and 16 have all gone through numerous revisions as they stay ahead of the curve with new technology.
                YF-16:

F-16E (not a USAF Model, bought by UAE)

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Thanks for digging those up... that's awesome.

My grandfather was a bomber pilot and then trainer during and after WWII (pearl harbor survivor). B-17, B-29, B-36 and B-47. He's often said you could strap him into a plane today and he could fly it without problems. If it had controls like the YF-16 shown above I think her could.. the new panels... I don't know. Though I'm sure if it was an airliner and not a jet he'd understand everything he had to. Oddly, he did tell me how a friend offered to let him fly his private plane. My grandfather turned him down, apparently if the plane doesn't have at least two engines he's not interested, he wants a fallback. I think that's mostly left over from his test pilot days, he has some good stories about interesting landings after engine failures.

FYI - apparently at least in the early days B-47 was a death trap. Killed quite a few of his friends during testing. Problems with the B-47

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Also if anyone wants to see/own old plane manuals This site is awesome for it: http://www.periscopefilm.com/maandotma.html and they sell many of them on Amazon. Picked up my grandfather a couple for Christmas and he loved them.

Comment

Working...
                    X