Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belkin KVM switcher & Antec ATX SX1030 case

Hi,
    Has anybody used or read a review of the Belkin 2 port Omnicube keyboard/video/mouse switcher? I need a good electronic switcher to go between my current PC and the new one I'm building and I'd like to know what you guys think of Belkin. [url]http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id= 56&pcount=&Product_Id=12881&Section.Section_Path=% 2FRoot%2FPeripheralSharing%2FKVMSwitches%2F#[/url ]

Also, what do you think of the Antec ATX SX1030 case? I saw one today and fell in lust. I need a case with good cooling, strong(and quiet) power supply, and four 5 1/4" bays. http://www.antec-inc.com/product/cases/perfo.html

You kind folk gave me excellent advice on which mobo & CPU to buy (Asus CULS-2 & PIII 800EB FCPGA) so I thought I'd try my luck again.

[This message has been edited by Riddek (edited 28 September 2000).]
    "Whoa..."
    Keanu Reeves.

Hey! How'd this bump get here?
    "Whoa..."
    Keanu Reeves.

Comment

I just got a Belkin Omni 2 port KVM at work but the cables are back ordered. I'll let you know what I think once it's up and running.

-Anthony
      Anthony
      • Slot 1 Celeron 400, Asus P2B, 256MB PC-100
      • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
      • Turtle Beach Montego PCI sound card
      • C: IBM 10.1, 5400, Primary on 1, System, Swap, Software
      • D: IBM 13.5, 5400, Primary on 2, Dedicated to video
      • E: Memorex 48x CD, Secondary on 1
      • F: Yamaha CD-RW 2x2x8, Secondary on 2
      • Win98, FAT32 on C: & D:
      • MediaStudio Pro 5.2

Comment

Thanks! I'll be waiting with baited breath.
        "Whoa..."
        Keanu Reeves.

Comment

I setup the 2 Port OmniCube today and here are my impressions:

The OmniCube is solid and works well. I am using it to share one Keyboard, Monitor and Mouse from a Win95 PC and a Win98 PC. Others at work are sharing Win98 and NT4 with the OmniCube (My NT box has a 19" Dell Trinitron connected yuummmmmm!)

I can switch between CPUs using the keyboard or the "Select" button on the OmniCube. Both switching methods work well.

My only beef was in the setup. The Belkin cables I ordered are the ones that are of the "sewer-pipe" variety (as Doc would say) being all glued together for neatness sake. The mouse and keyboard connectors on these cables were difficult to insert even when carefully lining the pins up visually! Also the connectors on the back of the OmniCube are so close together that when you attach the video cables, the knurled knobs on the connectors were interlocking with there "neighbors".

Bottom line, once everything is setup it works very well. I may get one for the house.
          Anthony
          • Slot 1 Celeron 400, Asus P2B, 256MB PC-100
          • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
          • Turtle Beach Montego PCI sound card
          • C: IBM 10.1, 5400, Primary on 1, System, Swap, Software
          • D: IBM 13.5, 5400, Primary on 2, Dedicated to video
          • E: Memorex 48x CD, Secondary on 1
          • F: Yamaha CD-RW 2x2x8, Secondary on 2
          • Win98, FAT32 on C: & D:
          • MediaStudio Pro 5.2

Comment

I'm still sticking with my Apex SuperCases (I've got 3). 12 bays (6 & 6), 300w, coated steel, rolled edges, slide off side panels, swing-down mainboard bay & casters. $65 USD. Read the review;

http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/...ase_review.htm

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc,
              That's the case I dream of every night! It actually exists? Wow! I gotta have one.

I've contacted every retailer I can think of here in Toronto but so far noone carrys Apex cases. I've sent an email to Apex asking for a list of retailers here in Canada, hopefully they can hook me up.

I don't suppose anyone here knows where I can find one locally?
              "Whoa..."
              Keanu Reeves.

Comment

Yessss!!!!
                I found one lone retail in Toronto (all of Canada maybe?) that sells Apex cases. Bought one today, and it looks sweet!
                Thanks Doc!
                "Whoa..."
                Keanu Reeves.

Comment

Working...
                X