No announcement yet.

Matrox VideoTools for Windows 2K/XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Attached a .jpg from the captured video. When the file plays there's its flickering and jerky; the sound is ok.

I installed latest VIA Hyperion drivers (4.49), and I use a separate partition for capturing.

Thanks again.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by suitkees; 24 October 2003, 15:28.

Comment

It is typical for interlaced video.
      If you wanna play it in PC just use any deinterlacing tool
      Like a deinterlaced filter in VirtualDub

Comment

Don't think it's a playback problem (YUY2 captures play back fine), and I suppose PCVCR should be able to play back its own captures... I only have the problem with mjpeg captures (dropped frames while capturing, lousy playback).

Comment

I tried capturing in MJPEG at full resolution, 30fps using PC-VCR. The first 30-40 seconds, the video was fine but the rest has no video at all, picture becomes unwatchable, but the sound keeps on playing.

Comment

bytezboy

It's driver problem...
            That's why Matrox stopped support...
            Stupid Microsoft and their secrets about Windows structure...

Comment

I just want to add that I'm using Win2K with SP4, using VT 3.03 and the latest drivers from Adis. But this problem doesn't always happen after 30-40 seconds, the first time, I was able to watch the first minute of the video without any problems. I used PC-VCR to capture to MJPEG. So, is there a way to use mjpeg without any problems? I didn't notice other users having the same problem as me.

Comment

Originally posted by bytezboy
                So, is there a way to use mjpeg without any problems? I didn't notice other users having the same problem as me.
                I have this problem also.
                Sometimes after 5 seconds
                and sometimes after 30 minutes or more...

That's why I said "Stupid Microsoft and their secrets".
                I'm sure it's possible to make perfect working drivers for
                Win2K/XP but it's hard because We haven't some important
                informations from Microsoft about Windows 2K/XP structure.

Comment

Hi, same prob for me with vt3.03 on XP. YUY2(->picvideo) captures are OK, but Virtualdub cannot capture anything into MJPEG(Matrox2k3) directly. Strangely enough PC-VCR seems to capture MJPEG OK. Playing back those PC-VCR captured MJPEG movies take up 60% of CPU time(Athlon @1.92GHz) and have the interlacing stripes what can be seen on suitkees' attachment. VT2.04 plays back MJPEGs OK. Do you have any ideas?

Comment

The guys that made the Linux driver had the same problem with artifacts at the top of the page and fixed it somehow. I think modifying the canvas that the video is on or something like that? Then again Linux isn't too big on secrets.
                    Last edited by Kabal; 29 October 2003, 16:53.
                    AMD Athlon XP 1145 Mhz
                    American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T, 4/2/2001 Bios
                    512 MB SpecTek PC2100 DDR SDRAM
                    Matrox Marvel G400 MAX
                    80 GB Western Digital HDD
                    Windows XP Pro SP1

Comment

Working...
                    X