Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJPEG to DV Q

Hello,
    Appreciate all of the useful advice thus far on this forum. I'm trying to take some mjpeg files I made when I had my G400TV card and convert them to mpeg2 for DVD. I bought Picvideo to read the MJPEGs. I'm getting a thin flashing line off and on at the top of the mpeg video files on playback. I'm setting the field order to A and I am not deinterlacing -- should I be? Also, is Picvideo the way to go here? Any advice at this stage on converting the mjpegs and making a DVD would be appreciated.
    One more thing. If I want to send mjpeg files to a VHS tape, can I just convert them to DV files? My Canopus converter will only allow ditial input into the VCR.
    Jon

Use PICVideo to capture the files....dunno what you mean by "read" the files.

To capture to VHS - just play the files and capture the output to your VCR.

Use your Video Editing program to convert to Mpeg2, or maybe your DVD authoring program.

good luck,

Ted
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

Comment

The "thin flashing line" can be ignored. It will be in the overscan area and not visible on a TV.

When importing your MJPEG files into the timeline, set the project settings to your Picvideo codec, field order B at 704 x 576 or 480. To convert them to DV, I would suggest you Create a file, choosing the options for DV, including Field Order A. It will take its time to re-render. However, DV is 720 x n, not 704 x n. I'm not sure whether MSP will add overscan black bars on either side or distort the aspect ratio. If the latter, you may have to add the black bars yourself.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks guys. I figured out that there is no reason to convert to DV (I can run any file from time line after a render - which Brian already told me the other day). So I just want to convert to MPEG for DVD burning. Tried putting the standard setting to MJPEG with Picvideo and the results weren't as good. Of course this assumes I did everything correctly which may not be the case.
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X