Tape Backup for Windows 2000 Clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape Backup for Windows 2000 Clients

Going to put together a couple of systems for a new business. Two W2K Pro machines, no server. The guy wants a inexpensive tape backup, and I was looking at the Seagate 20GB Tapestore TR5 Travan EIDE. Nothing wrong with SCSI, but trying to keep costs down and simplicity is a good thing, so EIDE looks like it. It comes with Veritas Backup Exec, which I have had issues using on W2K before. I would think that it would be a newer version that would operate correctly with W2K. So my questions are twofold...
    1) Do the newest versions of Backup Exec have issues with W2K?

2)and more importantly, does anyone have any kind of experiance with the Seagate TR5 Travan?

I don't want to order them a piece of junk, but they aren't gonna pop for a Tandberg drive...

DLT Rules!

(sorry)

Ahem, anyway, I've used a couple of older (4-8Gb) Seagate Travan drives (SCSI) and they're fine - they do the job inexpensively (can't remember how much the media is though).

Are DAT drives much these days?

Can't really comment on Veritas Backup Exec - only used it a couple of times on NT4 and I hated it, and quickly installed ArcServe It's now rated as the number 1 backup software (by Microsoft too) so it should be good.

Comment

Working...
    X