Intel : Pentium (includes MMX)
    0%
    Intel : Pentium Pro, 2, !!!, Coppermine
    0%
    Intel : Celleron
    0%
    Intel : Pentium 4
    0%
    Cyrix (gave a foretaste of P4 - High clockspeeds, low performance)
    0%
    AMD : K5
    0%
    AMD : K6, 2, 3
    0%
    AMD Duron
    0%
    AMD Athlon Classic
    0%
    AMD Thunderbird
    0%
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

This poll did not work out as I thought it would...
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Nor can I vote AMD, Cyrix and Intel at the same time or seperately
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, I would also want to vote for more than on option...

Or have more options...

Comment

I'm running a Celeron 850 at 950, but I don't feel right just clicking on Celeron since it doesn't distinguish between old and new variaties.

Comment

Cyrix (gave a foretaste of P4 - High clockspeeds, low performance)
            it seems like you've got some big problem with the P4.... I don't knw the reason why this is the case, but this remark is just plain wrong. Cyrix gave both low performance _and_ low clockspeeds

The P4 has lower ipc (instructions per clock?) rating than the athlon and the p3, but this is done intentionally, since the design can reach _MUCH_ higher clockspeeds. The tradeoff is ipc, but the mhz increase is meant to make up for this. I agree that the P4 in the current form isn't really that interesting (intel decided to cut on a lot of features because of the 0.18 process and the die size), but you should compare it to the PPro.. as soon as the process gets smaller (0.13micron and lower), they'll add more interesting stuff, and the P4-architecture will get more and more interesting for buyers.

I would love to get a 3.0GHz northwood with jacksonville technology (smt) and 512KB L2 (l3?) cache

Comment

Curent:
              T-Bird 1.4 gig
              P-III 700
              P-III 500
              K6-2 300
              K6-2 266

Athlon 1.4 GHz, Iwill KK266, 512mb pc-133, Millennium G400 32MB DH, RainbowRunner-G, WD 20gig 7200rpm, Imation IMW040420 CD-RW, .357 Smith & Wesson

Comment

also, its kinda funny that the Pro, 2, 3 and CuMine are on one line.
                AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Hmmmmmm

no spot for my Alpha 233 =\

-Dil
                  Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Well I have a dual P3 600 Katmai system, but thats because it's two years old. What's more to the point is What CPU would I buy Now? New poll upcoming..

Comment

I need to vote twice as well. Intel PIII and a Thunderboard guess which one is the most stable.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I've got a p3 850 & a celeron 300A!

Comment

Pentium 90@100, P2 266, P3 500, P3 700@1000, T-bird 1000 at home!
                          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus

it seems like you've got some big problem with the P4.... I don't knw the reason why this is the case, but this remark is just plain wrong. Cyrix gave both low performance _and_ low clockspeeds

The P4 has lower ipc (instructions per clock?) rating than the athlon and the p3, but this is done intentionally, since the design can reach _MUCH_ higher clockspeeds. The tradeoff is ipc, but the mhz increase is meant to make up for this. I agree that the P4 in the current form isn't really that interesting (intel decided to cut on a lot of features because of the 0.18 process and the die size), but you should compare it to the PPro.. as soon as the process gets smaller (0.13micron and lower), they'll add more interesting stuff, and the P4-architecture will get more and more interesting for buyers.

I would love to get a 3.0GHz northwood with jacksonville technology (smt) and 512KB L2 (l3?) cache
                            That remark was because a Cyrix at 200MHz was slightly faster than a P150 in integral calculations.

But it was much slower than it in FPU operations.

Comment

my trusty k-5 166 is still plugging away and my k-6 III 450 is still as swift as ever. i wonder why the mobo manufacturers droped on board cache as it gave the k6-III a significant boost when used with L1 and L2 cache and made a 450 amd compete with a 550 P3
                              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
                              X