No announcement yet.

Can anybody recomand me an 19" monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIT - indeed, what you experienced seems to be unusual ...

MK
    <font size="1">
    Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
    ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
    Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
    2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
    256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
    Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
    ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
    Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
    Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
    Plustek Optic Pro U12B
    HP Deskjet 959C
    Plantronics LS1 Headset
    all on W2k Professional SP2
    </font>

Comment

1. You can check some online PC magazines such as www.pcpro.co.uk

2. Most mags and people really like to rave about Iiamas great monitors (Diamondtron tubes) at a not too high price (even though they're expensive)
      Sony and Mitsubishi are great but cost way too much
      Eizo (former nanao) is good / very good (depends which model) but extemely expensive.

For a budget monitor you can go with CTX or LG (which I recommended to 2 budget tight friends and yes, they're still my friends).

Comment

I should be taking delivery of my very first Cornerstone today!

p1460, 1600x1200@85hz, .22mm dot pitch. Shadow mask tube.

Since Jammrock and Greebe forced me to buy it, I hope it's good.

It will be replacing my KDS VS-195e, 1600x1200@75hz, .26mm Dot Pitch. Shadow Mask tube. Nothing really lacking in this KDS. I just want to replace my 17" Shamrock monitor that I keep at a friend's house for LAN gaming.

amish

Edit- Hmmm... Poor review of the p1460???
        Last edited by Electric Amish; 11 February 2002, 08:24.
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

and Paul if you don't give it a good review I'm gonna pin you to the ground, twist your arm back and make you cry til you say UNCLE!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hmmm... the Monitorsdirect shopping site seems to be down..

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

The Problem with Monitors is that can vary from one to other. All my replacement iiyamas looked different. The first one was doa the 2nd had geometry problems the third had focus and poor colour in the one corner which you couldn't adjust. The present one was the best of the bad bunch so I didn't want to swap it again. Before that I had a Belina I saw a good one at work so I bought one after seeing good reviews in a couple magazines. Big mistake horrible blurred image swapped it out the next one had a horrible washed out colour. That one finally packed in and I got a IIyama. Like a said before I've seen plenty of good iilyamas at work. Pity they weren't in our office or I would have swapped it for the one at home.
              I'm now looking a 21 inch Sony possibly. A refurbished one but at the moment I may have to wait due a faulty leaky sunroof on the car.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

My friend got a Cornerstone p1460 recently. He told me that "it blows and the Sony G420 I got is much better." Then about a week later, he told me he was using an old cable from an ancient 15" monitor because he lost the cable that came with the p1460 Just a reminder to check the link between the keyboard and the chair first before blaming the hardware.

Comment

Working...
                X