No announcement yet.

Tualatin In A BX Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been reading the different articles and threads very carefully and have put together a Tualatin-on-i815-boards guide especially for the ASUS CUSL2-C.

In case Parhelia needs a little bit more processing power, I am going to upgrade soon.

If anyone is interested, pm me ...

MK
    <font size="1">
    Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
    ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
    Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
    2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
    256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
    Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
    ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
    Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
    Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
    Plustek Optic Pro U12B
    HP Deskjet 959C
    Plantronics LS1 Headset
    all on W2k Professional SP2
    </font>

Comment

hey Stringy, any updates on the p2b & tualatin??

Comment

I get my Taulitin on Friday... I *had* to wait for the price drop

Craig
        1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

decided to try the mod myself with a 1.2GHz tualatin using the method described in the article.
          system booted at 100(1.5V) & 124fsb(1.6V). however on restart would initally start loading windows98 but just before it reached desktop, the system rebooted itself without warning.
          can't really pinpoint the problem at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim
            decided to try the mod myself with a 1.2GHz tualatin using the method described in the article.
            system booted at 100(1.5V) & 124fsb(1.6V). however on restart would initally start loading windows98 but just before it reached desktop, the system rebooted itself without warning.
            can't really pinpoint the problem at the moment!
            Well if it runs at 100Mhz FSB, I'd try to raise some Vcore, 1.6v would be about right... I wouldn't go beyond 1.8v, at 1.8v you are pushing the chip pretty hard...
            Also check on your cooling, Boot can be quite CPU intensive...

can't wait for tomorrow ;o)
            Craig
            1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

cooling seems fine at around 45C full load.

Comment

I just got my TUSL2-C yesterday, and put a Celeron 1.2 in it. Sucker wouldn't even post at 133, just gave the "overheated" siren. It seems to be quite stable even at 120, although I've got it at 110 to spare the PCI and AGP buses.

Comment

Hmmm 1488Mhz isn't so bad...
                  45C is decently warm, but not overly - What was the temp when you ran it at 1.2G?? What kind of cooling are you running?? Did you try 1.7v?

Jon P. Inghram What Voltage are you running?? was your system 133Mhz capable before this??

Overclocking is 98% luck 1% guesswork and the other 1% is how far you are willing to go for an extra 100 or so Mhz

I really hope I have better luck than ~1.5G, tho won't be bad, I am looking [hoping & praying] for 1.6+
                  ayoub_ibrahim What did you say yer MoBo was?

tomorrow isn't coming fast enough ;o)
                  Craig

Comment

ayoub_ibrahim What did you say yer MoBo was?
                    using a p3b-f.
                    I've been using the wire method to connect AK4 to AK26.
                    Going to try AK4 to AJ5 to see if that improves things!
                    btw using the stock hsf for the moment with AS.

Comment

The CPU and board are both new, so I don't have any past exp with o/c'ing them. The RAM worked at 133 on my old CUBX/Celeron 850 system though. Had the voltage cranked up to the max the BIOS would allow, 1.675 I think. I'm kinda annoyed that the board doesn't allow selection of AGP/PCI dividers independantly of FSB/RAM, although that may be a restriction of the chipset, not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                        The CPU and board are both new, so I don't have any past exp with o/c'ing them. The RAM worked at 133 on my old CUBX/Celeron 850 system though. Had the voltage cranked up to the max the BIOS would allow, 1.675 I think. I'm kinda annoyed that the board doesn't allow selection of AGP/PCI dividers independantly of FSB/RAM, although that may be a restriction of the chipset, not sure.
                        Well at 1.65 you're giving it alittle voltage help, some require more... What kind of cooling are you using?!
                        did you try to lower your mem. settings to the slowest and see if it posts?
                        PCI and AGP speeds I find aren't all that critical.. Esp. PCI most PCI cards handle quite alot, AGP is pretty card dependant, if you're using a Matrox card you have an easier time of it, just Force AGP1x and it'll run all the way upto 100Mhz AGP [I've done it, I run 93Mhz all day now with AGP2x enabled]

Cooling is very important, using the retail will only get you so far... you should get a performance HS/F combo, as you o/c more the temp becomes more critical...
                        45C isn't bad, but it isn't all that cool either... sometimes throwing a house fan near an open PC can help you see if that is an issue.. Very Temporary solution tho, house Fans have large magnetic fields no good for PC's or monitors...

Craig
                        Last edited by Stringy; 16 May 2002, 18:11.

Comment

You might have corrupted the BIOS, but I've never heard of someone actually damaging the hardware.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

wouldn't you know when you are all ready to upgrade something breaks... my IBM 75GXP finnally died... RMA process in the works.. lovely... guess my Tualatin upgrade will wait...
                            I just got the CPU today too... ahhh the agony....

oh well life goes on...
                            Craig

Comment

Be careful upping the AGP bus, i blew my G400 with an overclocked agp.
                              It was less than 100Mhz, and the G400 only does x2 and x1...
                              i was at x2.

Just be careful.....

PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I'm using an Alpha PAL6035. At 1320, 110 FSB, and 1.55v with burnp6 it runs at 41c. The case is well ventilated too, never had heat problems with anything. I've read that the 1.2 chips don't o/c as well as the 1.0 ones, so I'm not really concerned about it. No overwhelming need to get every last drop of performance, I was just looking for an inexpensive upgrade, and that fit the bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X