Crappy Fujitsu hard drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy Fujitsu hard drives

Now these are worse than IBM drives at work we've had four fail in a month and the one I've got at home has now packed up in excatly the same way.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Is it SCSI drives?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Their SCSI drives are actually excellent. They have pulled out of IDE completely as of now. I agree with your assessment in relation to their IDE products.
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I't was something along those lines I was refering to as I haven't seen a Fujitsu Ide drive for more than 4 months.....
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Yeah, I used to use Fujitsu's exclusively, until I noticed a few break. I've still got some <4GB drives still going strong, but 8.4/10.2/13GBs all seem to be problematic.

P.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

What was the failure?

Control electronics stop identifying the drive? I@ve got a dead fujitsu at home - anyone with dead platters but good electronics I could really do with a swap (30Gb IDE)

Uberlad (ever hopeful of getting 30Gb of Batman and Superman animated series back)
            -------------------------
            8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
            5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

They were ide devices.
              The symptons are as follows the drives suddenly cease being detected. Rebooting the drives will re-appear sometimes but then fail again after a period of use.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

uberlad,

What's the model?

I Think I have a Fujitsu 30 with bad platters at work....

Comment

Dunno I left it at work I'll find out tomorrow. I'll get on there website and rma it.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

That kind of problem can be caused by a bad ground between the mainboard and case or in the HDD cage. I've also run into it with removable bays that had less than great grounding straps in them.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Too many different computers. I've tried it and work mainly too try a firmware update (more in hope haven't done it yet) but the drive keeps appearing and disappearing. As soon as it warms up bye bye it's known problem at our place.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Technoid - I'll look tonight for the model no.

Althgouh I expect it would be too much to hope that just replacing the electronics will actually work

Uberlad

Comment

Well it now detects but neither dos or windows can see it. I've asked fujitsu for information as to where to return it.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

As Scan utterly failed to get back to us on how to RMA our dead fujitsu I'd appreciate the info should they get back to you. I might still be able to get this drive repaired / replaced.

Uberlad

Comment

Is this scan.uk you're talking about. If it is they won't contact you they're okay if everything works but if it fails they don't want to know.
                              I once returned a graphics card to them and they wouldn't refund me I didn't pay by credit card so I wasn't covered (Credit cards don't provide any cover really you still need everything down in writing over the refund policy. fat chance if you're dispute). Anyway I faxed them and kept copies giving them a deadline to payup or they had to go to the small claims court. The last fax was to the mangering director saying right you $ucked it and I've posted the court papers. Luckily for them they I made a mistake anyway so the forms got returned. I suddenly got a panic email and a full refund for four pounds more than I orginally paid. I ignored there email and let them sweat a bit since they ignored me.
                              Well try this email address. It maybe of some use for you. service@fel.fujitsu-europe.com. I'll be mailing them details tomorrow.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X