The Best Gaming Mouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Gaming Mouse.

I was curious what other people use. I just picked up a Logitech Dual Optical Mouseman+ the other day and it is the absolute best mouse I have ever used. I've got it hooked into the regular USB port, running on the generic HID WinXP drivers. Movement is smooth as silk, dead on accuracy and the button/wheel control seems just perfect for me.

By far my favorite of the dozens on mice I have used.

Jammrock
    Logitech - Down with the man!
    0%
    Microsoft - If only their apps worked this good.
    0%
    Boomslang - Sounds dirty, but the gamers dream.
    0%
    Other - Living on the edge.
    0%
    I use the Force to move the cursor, j00 ph00l
    0%
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Too be honest I don't like using mice for shooting games. I'd prefer a gaming pad does anyone know one that works with UT?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

tha force f00l

Comment

I use a Logitech Mouseman (no stupid wheel). I thought about getting one of those Boomslangs, or whatever they are called - mice don't have the resolution I would like. I used to play CounterStrike with my mouse sensitivity at 15 - but even trying different mice, I couldn't find one with the resolution to let me aim accurately, rather than watching my sight skip over targets.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Well I had a Dual Mouseman optical that I replaced with a MS Explorer V3.0 and you are right... Dead on accuracy but if you flick your mouse quickly (translates to a 180 or even 270 degree spin) it misses the mark and anyway I found out from a tech at the store I usualy go to that each sensor only scans at half speed therefore its the same as regular 1st generation optical mouse but like you say it is very accurate more so than the 1st gen optical mouse.

The MS Explorer V3.0 (the newest one they have... smaller thumb buttons) scans 1500 times per second and it doesn't skip at all (or at least I can't make it skip no matter how fast I move the mouse) whereas the 1st gen mouse scans I think 400 or 600 times per second. If you bought that mouse at a store where you can return I garantee that you won't be dissapointed with the switch. BTW its just as accurate at the dual optical. I learnd my lesson with $200.00 spent don't learn the same way I did.
            What was the error? Well its the ID10T error.

Comment

While we're on about mice's what about steering wheels.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I loved my Explorer Mouse, I play in CS at the sensitivity of 17.5

Comment

Re: The Best Gaming Mouse.

Originally posted by Jammrock
                  I just picked up a Logitech Dual Optical Mouseman+ the other day and it is the absolute best mouse I have ever used.
                  Jammrock
                  Thanks for the tip! I was looking at that exact mouse
                  just the other day....I found that while playing Jedi Outcast,
                  my regular Logitech cordless mouse (which I really like),
                  was a little bit on the slow side when making very quick
                  movements.....almost as if the ball was slipping on my mousepad.

Comment

I've been using my Logitech Cordless MouseMan Pro since forever now. It may look strange but is the most comfortable mouse i ever touched.

I even bought a second one some time ago just in case the current one ever stops working Now if they only would make an optical mouse with this design
                    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I love my Boomslang 1000!!

amish
                      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

as anyone here can attest, cordless mice are bad for gaming because of the lag factor.

I have an Intellimouse Explorer 2.0a ... first thing I did was add a strain relief to the cord.
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                          ... first thing I did was add a strain relief to the cord.
                          I'm sure you enjoyed that.
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yeah! and it's a what... 8' cord on this critter... it's plugged into my keyboard just inches away!
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                              as anyone here can attest, cordless mice are bad for gaming because of the lag factor.
                              of 5ms?
                              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                              X