No announcement yet.

The Best Gaming Mouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, no matter how fast or hard I flick it back and forth I don't have any mis-tracks. What game did you have tracking problems with? Where you using the Logitech drivers?

Jammmrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by thop

of 5ms?
      lol you got to be joking! I've got 2 mice:
      one logitech cordless mouseman (the silver/gray model) and a mouseman wheel (USB/PS2 model). The Cordless mouseman is the biggest piece of crap ever invented if used for FPS games like quake. While you press a button on the mouse, no movement information is sent to the computer (lack of RF bandwidth??). There's also noticable lag when moving.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
        lol you got to be joking!
        no i wasn't.

While you press a button on the mouse, no movement information is sent to the computer (lack of RF bandwidth??).
        First time i hear that. Must be your setup or a bad model.

There's also noticable lag when moving.
        absolutely not.

let's play UT and i will prove you wrong
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by God_Devil_Morta
          paid 59 bucks for my Explorer 3.0 hehe, my friend was buying ram, so I'm like can I get the oem version of the Explorer, so here I am, playing cs and soon SoF 2 with it Once I get my new comp.
          Did ya pay 59 Canadian of US?

And anyway I have a hard time believing that a dual optical won't miss a beat since I've used it for months and it skips... unless you have a second gen optical sensor on the mouse it skips for sure. Maybe I have better reflex and tend to move my mouse a bit quicker than you but I'll bet that you can't do a 360 degree jump spin. Sorry man I'm not trying to diss you but I replaced that mouse for that very reason. It points to the sky when I move quickly... and one more bug with logitech optical which is that I use the scroll as the re-load function in all my games and in CS when your crouching and then press the scroll button it deactivates the crouch function (use thumb button for the crouch). And if I install the logitech software it was worst ... couldn't even reconize the thumb button even if I would change the bind to a different key like a keyboard key (PGDN).
          What was the error? Well its the ID10T error.

Comment

hahahaha...I have fast reflexes too, I do spin jumps, and my mouse doesn't skip a beat Never had issues with the mouse disabling other keys when using it. No troubles at all. I think the big difference is that I am using the Microsoft HID drivers and you probably had the Logitech drivers installed. Honestly, the logitech drivers suck.

And I do know what the skipping and tracking problems are. My old Logitech mouseman had those troubles all the time. The dual...none Nada Zero

Jammrock - ph34r th3
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
              as anyone here can attest, cordless mice are bad for gaming because of the lag factor.
              I've got to agree. I have a Logitech cordless optical on one of my systems and I just don't like for gaming (everything else is fine)... and man, the thing goes through batteries quickly. I think I've spent more on battery replacements than I did on the mouse!

I do like having the wheel (but sometimes gets me in trouble while using it to cycle weapons), but most importantly the thumb button is a "must" for me.

I wish somebody would come up with a mouse that also has a couple of foot pedals (like the racing wheels do). I think it would be handy to have those extra buttons available and not have to move your hands/fingers to use them. You could bind it to your favorite weapon or to your favorite taunt.
              Last edited by Beezer; 8 June 2002, 08:04.
              My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

I must be the weirdo here. I'm using a trackball.
                It's a cordless Logitech Trackman FX. I bought it so I could use it from the couch w/ TV out. It certainly took me a long time to get used to this thing, particularly in FPS games. A good mouse might still be better, but this thing is definately easier on my wrist since it's completely finger operated. The other annoyance is that it's somewhat difficult to fire a rocket cluster in UT.
                Mike

Comment

Hi Breezer

Originally posted by Beezer

I've got to agree. I have a Logitech cordless optical on one of my systems and I just don't like for gaming (everything else is fine)... and man, the thing goes through batteries quickly. I think I've spent more on battery replacements than I did on the mouse!
                  Try using rechargeable NiMH batteries. While they won't last as long as Alkalines, you won't care because you can always have 2 on the charger ready to swap in

I use a Microsoft WheelMouse Optical. Although it is a First Gen optical device, I have no problems with it. That probably just means that I am no good at games.
                  80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

I have a first gen intelimouse explorer and I can asure that the bots in Q3a did'nt like that mouse
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

my intelli explorer 1 used to do the sky glitch all the time when I had a duron, but when I upgraded to an athlon it stopped. But now I am playing newer game that tax the system more the sky glitch has come back. It seem the intelli explorer needs a bit of CPU power?!

Comment

I have a Logitech Optical (Plain two buttons w/scroll wheel) on my fun system

I have one of these on my fast system
                        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
                        X