Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp 3 Final here!

Winamp 3 FINAL is here!

It's not yet at the main page at winamp.com, but you can d/l it from the above link

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Woo! Tinny sound, and a bonus addon of lousy video playback!

- Gurm

P.S. I recommend CoolPlayer, personally.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I agree, it's not very "final" - though it's called final. But the media library/playlist combination is WAY better than just a playlist once you get used to it, and I like the open design.
      Sure there are still bugs and crashes, plus it doesn't feel very polished, but it has the potential to be so much more than winamp2.

AZ

Comment

Gurm, a link with your recommendation would be a great idea

Comment

i hate it
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

How bleeping hard can it be to get a legacy skin to work?!?!? The main window gets skinned with the "thinger" and "playlist editor" sections atached below. "playlist editor" is not skinned as it should be and the "equalizer" is underneath the "thinger" and "playlist editor" and you can't see it until you move their thinger P.O.S. out of the way.

Comment

Skinning is horrifically broken in Winamp3. Even many Winamp3 skins don't work. Video scaling is horribly broken. Basically the entire program is horribly broken except for the playlist, which rocks. Why this is considered "final" is WAAAAAY beyond me.

The link for coolplayer is...

Coolplayer's entire decoding engine is based on MAD (you know, the plugin for winamp that makes it sound better?), and their equalizer is top notch (not as good as a hardware EQ but close). It's tiny (~350k), doesn't muck up the registry, and is basically the OPPOSITE of Winamp3.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I didn't even get a start menu group for Winamp3.

Coolplayer sounds better than any other prerelease or release player out there. Just some minor things to tweak. I love it. THe skinning system looks very nice and as you typed the sound is phenominal. It's as much of a jump in quality as moving from Mp3s to OGG. Many thanks for the link Gurm.

Comment

Hey, it's free (although I was one of the few who acutally paid for WinAMP when it was shareware). I seem to recall that Nullsoft got bought by AOL for $90 million in AOL stock.

I suppose AOL wants to dump Microsoft stuff and so want their own media player or something like that. After all AOL bought Netscape.

So they have a buggy browser and a buggy media player.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Carter
                    Hey, it's free (although I was one of the few who acutally paid for WinAMP when it was shareware). I seem to recall that Nullsoft got bought by AOL for $90 million in AOL stock.

I suppose AOL wants to dump Microsoft stuff and so want their own media player or something like that. After all AOL bought Netscape.

So they have a buggy browser and a buggy media player.
                    Yes, but this is free, easier, efficiently coded, sounds better, and will be multi-platform.

Comment

Bitte.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                        Bitte.
                        Bitte?

Comment

Danke.

High_Jumbllama: Bitte is german and normally means "please" - but I guess Gurm used it more in another meaning like " there you are".
                          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                          My System
                          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                          German ATI-forum

Comment

It also translates out to "you're welcome". Sorta. "There you are" is a good translation.

- Gurm

Comment

You can also use it like "pu-leaaaase", with the same pronounciation and meaning

AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X