No announcement yet.

Radiators and Water Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add a little to the topic: GT, a rule of thumb for radiators is to look at its size - bigger most of the time means more surface area, which means more heat dissipation (of course, if it's huge and has no fins, there won't be that much surface area). Bigger fans are better, too, because they can move more air and/or be quieter (and are almost guaranteed to have a more pleasing sound than smaller ones).

So a Radiator for a 80mm blowhole likely won't perform all that great.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Correction to my last post:

The mounting plate doesn't cost 15,- EUR, it costs 28 (which I find quite steep) as V2A steel version. The black plexi version costs 16,- EUR, and the blue one 14,90.

The Airplex external including clear plexi rack and 2 Papst 120mm fans costs 110,- eur.

The flow control module is also available as a do-it-yourself version, which costs 39, eur.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Mounting brackets I can make... as can also custom build a flow control module... which in all honestly isn't neccessary on my system as it will shutdown on overtemps anyway

BTW for shits'n giggles I turned off the pump the otherday just to see how high the temps went. 56c OC'd (~100watts), which I might add is some 6c cooler than when not OC'd with the retail HS/fan supplied by AMD.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X