No announcement yet.

Upgrading my system - recommendations/oppinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My chipset history: FX, LX, BX, BX, ZX, BX, i815, i815, 745. Note the switch? Hello SiS. Intel was great throughout BX, and the i820/i850 combos, but RAMBUS means it's SiS and DDR for me. And *no* VIA hassles. No reasons not to buy AMD chips now...
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I collected the Mist Silent Twin today and gave it away to my friend he promised to give me a short mini-review of it within a day or two... I'll post it here when I get it.

Cobos
      My Specs
      AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

Noise Magic (former Noise Control) are now selling those chieftec cases pre-fleeced with magic fleece for only 50 EUR! (without PSU, but that means you have the choice to get ither an antec, enermax, noiseblocker, or noise magic one). Their Magic Vent now comes in a form suited for Chieftec midi towers, and it really silences the fans. There's a demo video available at the noise magic site that was done by a reviewer. Turn the volume up a bit, it's not very loud.

The magic vent DOES raise case temp up to ~3-5°C, but even with an additional fan, it has proven to be quieter than with just the PSU and without the magic vent.

There is a link to a german review at www.dirkvader.de which shows tables that suggest that the magic vent does not reduce noise greatly, but the text says that the perceived noise (and that's all that's important) is much lower with it

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

hmm az if you're really not paid by magic flee then i think it's about time!

j/k
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I think it's time too - I'll mail them after a few more postings, that I should be getting a free fleeced case & vent from them

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
            X