Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 megapixel camera not good enough? How does 14MP sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love a 10mp camera for my studio. That or a 10mp back for my RB67

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

But I must say that there is something nearly magical in those high level cameras. Holding and operating such perfection gives a special feeling... or am I weird?

Comment

Just like having anything that's made to such perfection... nothin strange about that

It's when you adore such things so much they take precidence over all others and or you charish them to the point of idolizing them... like buying only for the sake of having it, not that you would need or to actually use in real life.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
          The vast majority won't spend $6000 on a camera...
          But I bet you that in less then 3 years the price will be under $1K...I would get one then
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The new Canon is incredible. If I had the dough to drop on it I would in a heart beat, as is I'm saving for a D60.

The Kodak looks nice on paper, but they've been out of the Pro SLR market for a long time now. I would much sooner go with a Canon or a Nikon.

But I bet you that in less then 3 years the price will be under $1K...I would get one then
            Heh, I wish that were the case, but it's not bloody likely. The retail price on the 1Ds predecessor has dropped a grand total of... 200 some odd dollars. Pro SLR's don't drop much in price till 5 or more years after they go out of production, at least thats what I've observed in the past.

Anyway... here's to drooling over geek toys.

Ian
            Primary System:
            MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
            120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
            Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
            Seccondary System:
            Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
            3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
            Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
            Tertiary system
            Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
            Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Well that particular model probably wont drop in price but many cameras for home users featuring chips of same sensitivity will be made and those will be cheaper. Well, the optics wont be nearly the same, but you cant have everythign for nothing

Comment

Working...
              X