I bought one of these !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought one of these !

Well it's basiacally the Radeon 9700 Pro but not the PRo ..lol which basically means £60 - £100 less and practically the same performance. I got the Saphire one http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9700.asp

We sell those aswell can you comment on the IQ comapared to another 9700 pro?

BTW they tested one on www.firingsquad.com
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

As soon as I get it I will post pics and benchy's but as I said it is basically the same as the 9700 pro apart from a slightly slower clock. So big deal I loose around 7 - 10 fps on ut 2003 but I also save a bundle

Comment

Not to mention Saphire is known for lousy IQ
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 3dfx
          As soon as I get it I will post pics and benchy's but as I said it is basically the same as the 9700 pro apart from a slightly slower clock. So big deal I loose around 7 - 10 fps on ut 2003 but I also save a bundle
          the non pro, is a different GPU, I believe...2/3 as many transistors, etc. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
            Not to mention Saphire is known for lousy IQ
            Quite the opposite Greebe. The Sapphire manufactured ATI boards are amongst the best IQ wise.

Comment

Like the cooler! http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardwa.../images/02.jpg
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Are there any IQ tests of Radeon 9700 (Pro) boards?
                I'm going to buy a new graphics card soon to replace my good old G400Max.
                Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

From what I have hear Saphire have the one of the best IQ's on the market as they are ATI's partner. Unless you've got money to waist then dont go with the Pro 9700 as there is really little difference

Comment

Actually afaik they MAKE ati oem cards!
                    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                      the non pro, is a different GPU, I believe...2/3 as many transistors, etc. Right?
                      nope, just slower clockspeed.
                      -Slougi

Comment

That's correct, it's only the clockspeed that's lower and usually 3.6ns RAMs instead of the 2.8 ones on the Pro.

And in his case (AthlonXP1600) he will still be CPU-limited in nearly all things, so the Pro would not even be able to go faster, except when using 6xFSAA and 16x aniso. The Pro scales nicely up to at least a P4 with 4GHz!
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

My bad ... twas thinking of another manufacture at the time
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

PowerColor?
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
                              Like the cooler! http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardwa.../images/02.jpg
                              nice
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X