Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geforce FX review! I'm defo keeping my Radeon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I believe some people had too much time on their hands!

Comment

Well, they have got the picture
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

ROFL. The FX is going to be faster as time goes by. I'm never buying one but that is beside the point. I like anand's review with the minimum frame rates and all
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I just noticed this:
            The GeForceFX's technology applies filters that effect AntiAliasing and Anisotropic filtering after the frame has left the frame buffer. In short, this means that all of our screenshots do not accurately represent the true in-game visual quality that the GFFX can and will produce, as the screen shot were pulled from the frame buffer. We have come to conclusions about the GFFX IQ (Image Quality) that are simply wrong.

While we cannot answer for other reviews of the GeForceFX it is very possible this is an issue with those articles as well, if they were in fact thorough enough to cover IQ.

We are currently working on a way to capture the images properly and will be revisiting the GeForceFX 5800 Preview by covering the IQ portion of our preview with proper screen shot comparison or further addressing the truth surrounding this situation.

Erhm. I don't know much about this, but is it possible to do filtering AFTER the frame has left the framebuffer?
            PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

Originally posted by Michel
              I just noticed this:

Erhm. I don't know much about this, but is it possible to do filtering AFTER the frame has left the framebuffer?
              Well, 3Dfx's Voodoo3 cards did some sort of filtering in the RAMDAC, and we could be getting some more "Nvidia-blur-o-vision" in the RAMDAC, but improving anistropic filtering after the framebuffer?!? I call bullshit.

Comment

I just had a thought. Maybe the last word is not spoken.

It might happen that by same strange coincidence (of course) 3DMARK2003 sees the light when the first GFFXs hit the shelves and by another coincidence ($$$ from nV) it will completely blow (pun intended ) the 9700 away.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

That has been known for a looong time, thop!

Comment

no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

hehe, it was a joke!

Comment

Those pics are priceless!
                        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Where can i pick up my new ATI?
                          --Insert something here--

Comment

The Voodoo's had a post filter, which meant that the screen captures weren't correct.
                            We were all expecting this card to have some 3dfx tech in it, and maybe this is true!

I'm starting to think that maybe we haven't seen all that this card is capable of...remember the T-Buffer effects? Did anyone ever use those? CineFX? Will anyone use it? really??

Also, if you look at some of the images from HardOCP, you will notice that in quite a few of the image quality pictures, especially the AA ones, the images actually look better on the GeFX, when you look a little into the distance.
                            Could AA be variable with depth of field? Is there any reason to?
                            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666
                              TI'm starting to think that maybe we haven't seen all that this card is capable of...remember the T-Buffer effects? Did anyone ever use those? CineFX? Will anyone use it? really??
                              T-Buffer wasn't that the thing that gave a nice blurry image when an object moved.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                                T-Buffer wasn't that the thing that gave a nice blurry image when an object moved.
                                Yes, it was called motion blur you could download a test verions of Quake3Arena with motion blur. Still got it somewhere on CD.
                                Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                                Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                                Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
                                X