X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G5 Power Mac Specs "leaked"

I saw this on another website and its from www.macnn.com

Real specs are supposed be out monday

Nice specs but no interest in spending 2.5K + on a PC that has shitty software support
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

If Apple stays clear of the TCPA insanity they could really profit a lot from this - since it seems they have decent hardware again after a long long time.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Apple is TCPA member, but even Linus says TCPA+Linux might be done. OpenBSD won't have TCPA support.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

But the way they handled their mp3 downloading dingsbums, they have a better idea of media management than most other computer companies.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Mac users wouldn't under Linux. They struggle with a two button mouse.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Re: G5 Power Mac Specs "leaked"

Originally posted by GT98
            Nice specs but no interest in spending 2.5K + on a PC that has shitty software support
            http://fink.sourceforge.net/ works great under OS-X, lets you run your nix software under OS-X.
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
              Mac users wouldn't under Linux. They struggle with a two button mouse.
              I actually administer Macs because of my Linux experience, even though I never liked Macs... go figure. Anyways my workstation has a two button mouse with a scroll wheel, and when I go to work on the other machines it pisses me off to no end that they are one button PUCK mice!!!
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

hehe. i remember my 40 mb mac. (yes, harddrive)
                one mousebutton. the difference was that mine was a square. so uncomfortable.

Comment

Fastest personal computer? What about this:

And that's just the first one I thought of.

Comment

Originally posted by TnT
                    I actually administer Macs because of my Linux experience, even though I never liked Macs... go figure. Anyways my workstation has a two button mouse with a scroll wheel, and when I go to work on the other machines it pisses me off to no end that they are one button PUCK mice!!!
                    The thing I like about Macs is that software doesn't install crap all over place like windoze programs. That makes it very easy to get rid off.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by TnT
                      Same thing with me when I worked at School system that had a couple of the mac classics in the lower grade levels. That right mouse button makes a big difference!
                      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

the bad with Mac's is that someone ripped out the button to acces the "advanced" configurations and Tools
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

So basically... it's a "kinda nice for 2003 but mediocre for 2004 and decidedly dated for 2005" machine, running an Operating System that can best be described as "weighty".

Gooooooood.

- Gurm
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

LOL@Gurm.

Yeah, I somehow doubt that it's the fastest desktop PC.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                              Fastest personal computer? What about this:

And that's just the first one I thought of.
                              Falcon Northwest makes faster pre-built gaming rigs: www.falcon-nw.com

Jammrock
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X