Check out these Athlon64 numbers and pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out these Athlon64 numbers and pics

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

That is going to be one impressive chip. Come on! Release it already!
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

holy @$&*$@!!!!!

That is some crazy score... amd its a 3200+

If this is whats gonna be then Intel is seriously DEADMEAT.

And hopefully because of that AMD64 will get popular!

And imagine Athlon 64 doing 64 bit

Comment

Glad you guys are excited about as I am This means more people will adopt it earlier which means more supp[ort and faster bug fixes. I want to buy it soon after it comes out by like anyone else, I am worried about bugs that don't exist yet.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I am only worried about the price

Comment

Pricing. It´ll be all about pricing.
            PS: and 64bit computing isn´t necessarily faster than 32 bit. It wont´t run them twice as fast. It has more to do with the amount of adressable memory.

Comment

PS: It´s wonderfull when 2 diferent people on diferent locations think about the same thing on the exact same minute

Comment

Hot damn! Looks very nice.

Comment

LOL@Nuno

Comment

Cool, looks to be a worthy upgrade from my Celeron Tualatin 1.2 oc'ed to 1.44.

Comment

hmmm, An Athlon64, a Radeon 9800XT, and HalfLife2 all at the same time. Life just got better...

Dave

Comment

very nice
                        .. It will defenitely be interesting to see it up against the Prescott...
                        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Holy &/(&!!!

Impressive results!

Sad thing is that the only thing that goes against AMD is the fact that they don't call themselves Intel...

Comment

25% faster in 3Dmark 2001 than my current rig.
                            I'm more concerned/unhappy about the dual channel Athlon 64FX price than the regular 64.
                            Also happy that my upgrade cycle will take me sometime in early 2005 for CPU and mobo.
                            By that time prices would have settled and you'd all have helped debug it for me

Comment

Interesting. Looks like I'll be sticking with the AXP 2000+ for as long as possible until these things become viably cheap

Plenty more I can squeeze out of 'er for now...
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X