Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL@Admiral. haha.

Same sorta situation for me here.

My next upgrade will be my university entry, which should be next year's summer if everything goes well

Comment

I might break with tradition and upgrade next Autumn, if prices are reasonable then
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Personally more interested in seeing real test scores.

Max, Lightwave, Cinema 4D and then maybe a bit of UT2k3, It will take quite a bit for me to go back to the dark side and use an athlon chip again. (bad experience with a KT7A and 1GHz Athlon)

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
          It will take quite a bit for me to go back to the dark side and use an athlon chip again. (bad experience with a KT7A and 1GHz Athlon)
          No, that was a bad experience because you bought Abit. It had nothing to do with AMD/VIA. Abit's Intel boards are shit, too.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

This is much better than I could have hoped for

Now I'll just have to get a Athlon64 clip to my waterblock
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I'll be upgrading next summer when the prices come down
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

but can you overclock it? at the moment i'm quite happy with my XP at 2240Mhz.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                  but can you overclock it? at the moment i'm quite happy with my XP at 2240Mhz.

did you read the posts linked above?
                  he had it running at 2400MHz up from the original 2GHz.. seems overclockable to me
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Looks like a very impressive chip tbh
                    That's is the main reason I have held out updating my 1600 XP

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                      No, that was a bad experience because you bought Abit. It had nothing to do with AMD/VIA. Abit's Intel boards are shit, too.
                      I was about to say the same thing.

Comment

Yet amazingly Abit still get rave reviews. Hand picked boards????
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

That's my bet.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

must be
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hey I think occasionally a good one escapes their labs. I had one.
                              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

My BH6 wasn't bad (or great) until the caps started exploding

I should actually thank ABIT since that incident drove me to try the ASUS P3B-F, which had to be one of the best 440BX boards ever made. I ended up building 6 more PIII systems based on it for the lab and two of 'em are still being used by my kids.

Dr. Mordrid
                                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 September 2003, 15:10.
                                Dr. Mordrid
                                ----------------------------
                                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                                X