No announcement yet.

Pop up eliminators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using ZA Pro 4.0.146.029 and the XP firewall is also enabled, it got my IP, OS and browser but nothing else.
    Connecting through a proxy, it got the proxy's IP, my OS and browser and what was running on the server.

'access to this port is disabled for security reasons'
    I also get that with Opera, with IE it gets through.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
      Here, try this if you wanna make Shields Up look really silly:

- Gurm
      This isn't any different than Shields Up
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
        The latest virus DOES get stopped by a router, too. Same price as ZA, infinitely more useful, and just plain ol' better in EVERY WAY.

No, a router does not stop viruses, but if the router has built in filtering(read: firewall), then it can accomplish stopping the virus. If you are calling the consumer line of linksys, etc... routers, then you are mis-informed. they have slight routing capabilites and only if you turn on RIP routing. If not, then they are just a switch with NAT, DHCP, and filtering capabilities.

P.S. I'll get you some real probing sites. Give me a bit, gotta sort through the old bookmarks. A real probe on all your ports takes... about 15-20 minutes, and makes Shields Up look utterly silly.
        Dude, you are just making shit up now. It does the same thing.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

yep, it really makes it look silly
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
          X