Leaked NV40 Benchies from HOCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsdgeek
    Don't think it's really cheating, NV40 is just using the mixed-mode path for NV3x, is it not? If you think it's wrong, then blame the FarCry developers.
    I have a hard time believing that.

The developers of the "latest greatest" video game are partnered with the developers of nVidia's "latest greatest" video card, and they never caught this? I doubt it. It's damn near impossible that the developers didn't notice this? I'm 99% sure this was an intentional decision, not an oversight. For a game this big, nVidia probably sent <B>their own engineers</B> on-site to make sure the game was running optimized code paths.

And considering the PS3.0 vs. PS1.1 screenshots, and the FutureMark issues, this is just more weight to the scales.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I said I didn't think it was cheating, not that it was an oversight. Maybe I wasn't clear, but what I meant to, and thought I did imply was that it is intentionally running the mixed-mode path written in mind for NV3x.

Comment

I don't know, I find it pretty sleazy. Intentionally underperforming quality-wise in order to report higher FPS, even though the logical conclusion would be that you're using the new features that you're advertising.

This isn't much different to me than that reduced rendering work in 3DMark.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
        X