X800 Pro pre-order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X800 Pro pre-order

I was going to post this info last night bet didn't think it would still be up this morning so I didn't bother.

For those of you that haven't been following the rumours and speculation, looks like the new Temporal AA and 3Dc is confirmed. It also looks like this 12 pipe card may be running at 500MHz Maybe the mostl likely not true rumour of a 600/833 X800 XT card may actually hold true. Damn, that would be a fast card. And there is talk of a "PE" XT card. Not sure what PE stands for.

And check out the 8 "extreme" pipes Whatever that means. I'm guesing 8 of the 12 pipes have more functionality?

Looks like some great HD support and hardware mpeg1/2/4.(encoding and decoding)

And or those who don't like to click links:

The ATI RADEON™ X800 PRO delivers frame rates that surpass any previous graphics processor making it the world’s most powerful VPU. With up to two times the performance of the acclaimed RADEON™ 9800 PRO, the RADEON™ X800 PRO provides an extremely smooth, responsive HD gaming experience, putting capable gamers in complete control of even the most demanding game titles. A radically new architecture based on the latest .13 micron, low-k manufacturing process with ultra fast and efficient GDDR3 memory combine to produce extreme data rates and unbelievable acceleration in a quiet, cool, single-slot solution.

BREAKTHROUGH IMAGE QUALITY
    The RADEON™ X800 PRO defines a totally new High-Definition Gaming experience for the avid gamer by maximizing performance and image quality in higher detail and at higher resolutions than ever before. ATI‘s new and revolutionary 3Dc™ image enhancement technology brings characters to life and scenery to greater realism by enabling significant improvements to the image detail of character art with increased performance and lower memory usage. 3Dc™ is slated to become the industry standard to support more complex high-definition visual effects in real time.

ADVANCED 3D ARCHITECTURE
    The RADEONTM X800 PRO features SMARTSHADERâ„¢ HD, the most advanced pixel
    shader engine with 12 parallel pixel pipelines capable of an incredible 6 igapixels/second fill rate in full precision! With six programmable vertex shader pipelines, capable of up to 7000 million vertices per second and an overall capability of over 140 million floating point operations per second(Giga FLOPS), the RADEONâ„¢ X800 PRO delivers the most beautifully rendered high-definition 3D animation for the ultimate in intense, interactive game play.

CUTTING EDGE VIDEO TECHNOLOGY
    The RADEONâ„¢ X800 PRO gives you more than just a great gaming experience. It also has sophisticated video processing, filtering and acceleration features that make multimedia applications more efficient, inspiring and fun. With VIDEOSHADERâ„¢ HD, the RADEONâ„¢ X800 PRO takes advantage of its advanced shader processing engine for user programmable video effects, video quality enhancement, and encoding and decoding of many video standards, including MPEG1/2/4, Real Media, DivX and WMV9. The RADEONâ„¢ X800 PRO also supports the latest high-definition and wide display formats, giving users bigger and more vivid movie, gaming and Internet experiences.

SMARTSHADERâ„¢ HD

Support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 programmable vertex and pixel shaders
    in hardware

Direct X 9.0 Vertex Shaders

Vertex programs up to 65,280 instructions with flow control

Single cycle trigonometric operations (SIN & COS)

Direct X 9.0 Extended Pixel Shaders

Up to 1,536 instructions and 16 textures per rendering pass

2nd generation F-buffer technology

accelerates multi-pass pixel shader programs with unlimited instructions

32 temporary and constant registers

Facing register for two-sided lighting

128-bit, 64-bit & 32-bit per pixel floating point color formats

Multiple Render Target (MRT) support

Complete feature set also supported in OpenGL® via extensions

SMOOTHVISIONâ„¢ HD

3Dcâ„¢ - Normal map image compression technology resulting in high detail image quality

2x/4x/6x Anti-Aliasing modes

Sparse multi-sample algorithm with gamma correction, programmable sample patterns, and centroid sampling

Lossless Color Compression (up to 6:1)at all resolutions, including widescreen
    HDTV resolutions

Temporal Anti-Aliasing

2x/4x/8x/16x Anisotropic Filtering modes

Up to 128-tap texture filtering

Adaptive algorithm with bilinear (performance) and trilinear (quality) option

3DCâ„¢

High quality 4:1 Normal Map Compression

Works with any two-channel data format

HYPER Zâ„¢ HD

3-level Hierarchical Z-Buffer with Early Z Test

Lossless Z-Buffer Compression (up to 48:1)

Fast Z-Buffer Clear

Z Cache optimized for real-time shadow rendering

Optimized for performance at high display resolutions, including widescreen
    HDTV resolutions

VIDEOSHADERâ„¢ HD

Seamless integration of pixel shaders with video in real time

FULLSTREAMâ„¢ video de-blocking technology for Real, DivX, and WMV9
    formats

VIDEOSOAPâ„¢ noise removal filtering for captured video

MPEG1/2/4 decode and encode acceleration

DXVA Support

Hardware Motion Compensation, iDCT, DCT and color space conversion

All-format DTV/HDTV decoding

YPrPb component output for direct drive of HDTV displays

Adaptive Per-Pixel De-Interlacing and Frame Rate Conversion (temporal
    filtering)
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Re: X800 Pro pre-order

Originally posted by Helevitia
    And there is talk of a "PE" XT card. Not sure what PE stands for.
    Penis Enhancer

Comment

Re: Re: X800 Pro pre-order

Originally posted by bsdgeek
      Penis Enhancer
      hehe, that was suggested at Beyond3d as well

BTW, notice the shipping date is 5/7

I guess ATI is ready to kick everyone's ass.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Looks good Dave. When will you get yours?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

and yet it *still* doesn't have dual DVI...
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

**** it

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

wow.. $500.. are there any games that make this card a necessity?

Comment

Nah, not yet. But the big cards always seem to come out pretty expensive lately.

I wouldn't pay $500 for a video card, but this thing @ $500 seems like a better value than the $400 Parhelia was when it came out.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

No arguments there.. had it been the P8x without bugs released back then, it might have been a different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                    Nah, not yet. But the big cards always seem to come out pretty expensive lately.

I wouldn't pay $500 for a video card, but this thing @ $500 seems like a better value than the $400 Parhelia was when it came out.
                    I'm sure you'll be able to get one for $300 bucks in less then 6 months.
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

umm, the website that is advertising it isn't exactly known for it's cheap prices. I'm pretty sure the card will be cheaper when it comes out.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                        and yet it *still* doesn't have dual DVI...
                        builders can make it a dual DVI card, the 6800 isn't a real (matrox style) Dual DVI, it just uses an external chip for the second DVI.
                        Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Originally posted by knirfie
                          builders can make it a dual DVI card, the 6800 isn't a real (matrox style) Dual DVI, it just uses an external chip for the second DVI.
                          Doesn't Matrox use external chips for DVI? Chrontel or some such?

Comment

I think the Parhelia has integrated TMDSes, but before that, you're right.

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

No, Parhelia had two on-board DACs. The TMDSes were on two external chips. One of these chips was also used for the 3rd-head/TV-out (which is why the flickering doesn't occur on the 3rd head).
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X