No announcement yet.

New house, new network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dad was an interior designer/contractor. back in the 90s he did a number of asian regional data centre for a few banks. Man, they have awesome setup

computer raised floor, huge backup electric generators, devices that will release poisonous gas (carbon monoxide? i dunno) to put out fire, anti-bullent glass panels and stuff.

hehe, jaw dropping guys?

I think eventually all homes will be like that, just wait another 20-30 years...

or maybe we won't even use wires anymore

or plasma screens used as tiles

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
      my dad was an interior designer/contractor. back in the 90s he did a number of asian regional data centre for a few banks. Man, they have awesome setup

computer raised floor, huge backup electric generators, devices that will release poisonous gas (carbon monoxide? i dunno) to put out fire, anti-bullent glass panels and stuff.

hehe, jaw dropping guys?
      My HP building was much like that.

And the system is not carbon monoxide, it's Halon. It's also no longer used, because it kills people quickly.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
        hmm... for some reason, this popped into my head:

for the ultimate geek, computer raised floor
        I don't have that. but I have a network cable below my laminate

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
          My HP building was much like that.

And the system is not carbon monoxide, it's Halon. It's also no longer used, because it kills people quickly.
          YOUR HP building?

what was i thinking, carbon monoxide... lol...

whatever

Comment

Well, the one of the 6 on that campus that I worked at.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Just a suggestion Paddy, but in some of the more trickey areas in my house I took a router to the BACK of the skirting board.

I tracked the cable in the routed gap. I could get cat5 there easy..... it was not possible to get the TV cable grade stuff in there though....

For my backbone (IE between floors) I ran a track down the wall.
              I wouldnt recommend a kango in a new house though - replastering the whole ground floor was already on the agenda!

If you have carpet or laminate you can run the cable close to the wall (not where it will get pressure though!). Avoid doorways when laying cable with carpet.

RedRed
              Last edited by RedRed; 15 July 2004, 11:03.
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Cheers Red.

I'm gonna have a think about this one for a while...
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                X