No announcement yet.

Windows "Vista"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft will start by assimilating a small Southern California town....

The Target: http://www.ci.vista.ca.us/

First microsoft will launch an anti-cybersquatting campaign against this poor unassuming town to make sure it gives up it's website rights, and the rights to it's name.

Microsoft will pay the state of California to change of the highway signs directing people to Vista, California to "Windows Vista", in California complete with the Microsoft Logo and URL. Each highway sign will also have a Hotspot/Bluetooth/GPS marker to make the way easier...

Each highway sign/hotspot will use a secret backdoor into Windows CE which will automatically set all CE powered vehicle navigation systems to "Windows Vista" as their destination...

Then, M$ will spend 3 billion dollars to buy every square inch of the city. After six weeks, they turn off the water and power to any residents who dared stay behind.

A new Microsoft campus will be built in it's place. Complete with a theme park "Microsoftland" and outlet Mall "Microsoft-Mart".
    Last edited by MultimediaMan; 22 July 2005, 11:11.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

When you shut it down it should say, in Arnolds voice, "Hasta la Vista, baby"

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hmmm...vista means hen in Latvian...

Still, doesn't beat Honda Fitta for Swedes...especially that the slogan "Small on the outside but large once you get in" was ready for it.

Comment

Maybe they called it for two reasons

1. To start the process of the removing the windows name.

2. The current build of Xp is 5.1.2600 and I presume this version will be 6.xxx (VI)sta

Comment

(VI)sta?

VI?!

Could it be that MS is doing uberslipstreamed OS this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
              Hmmm...vista means hen in Latvian...

Still, doesn't beat Honda Fitta for Swedes...especially that the slogan "Small on the outside but large once you get in" was ready for it.
              ROTFLMAO
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Fitta, what does it mean?

Otherwise I don't like name vista, it has been also used previously (every new development is called vista, Umax VistaScan, ...) and it sorts of look like Republicans catering to latino voters.

Comment

Fitta - Fitter that fit , fit... Is a common word used to describe a nice looking bird.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                    [...] and it sorts of look like Republicans catering to latino voters.
                    And here I thought it was those Portuguese or Italian voters...
                    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                      Fitta, what does it mean?

Otherwise I don't like name vista, it has been also used previously (every new development is called vista, Umax VistaScan, ...) and it sorts of look like Republicans catering to latino voters.
                      In Norwegian and Swedish it means p**sy. Honda had to change the model name to Jazz.

Comment

oh

Comment

In newest/future games - yes, but desktop? Who knows...

Comment

it probably won't work with Aero Glass. it might though. supposedly DX9 w/ 64BM is enough to technically run it.

the problem you will run into is that it is very bandwidth intensive on the graphics card. the lower-end graphics cards always sacrifice memory bandwidth for cost. the performance will suffer accordingly.
                            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I would be willing to bet that a 5200 could drive Aero Glass on a single display without any problems. It might not handle high-res that well, but for 1280x1024 and below I bet it would be fine.
                              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                              X