No announcement yet.

Public Beta2 of Vista out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woah, slow down Elie. linksys is just as bad as dlink when it comes to 64bit drivers.

i know i said realtek in the above post, i got confused. i meant broadcom.

try this link

also try a search of 'wifi 64bit'
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

I actually installed the 32 bit version of vista, I will only install the 64 bit when it's time I need to test with my HP Dual Opteron 275 machines.

Thanks for the link

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

Anyone running games under Vista? I tried putting on CFS3 from Microsoft and it didnt work...
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I don't get all this hype about Vista. I think that XP has proved to be stable and compatible enough to satisfy my needs and I'm really not looking forward to installing a beta OS that can possibly cause problems when XP runs just great.

But when it does finally come out, I'm going to wait till they release SP1 for it.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

The hype exists for the same reasons it did for XP. It's Windows. It's something 'new'. There's also a certain segment of MS' userbase that still hopes they can do something right for a change/again.

Much like you though, I don't see the big deal. There's nothing about Vista for me to get even remotely excited about. Not to say it won't be a good Windows OS, but compared to everything else, it's just another Windows OS.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Only reason I'm getting it is I'm tired of dealing with MS Genune Software BS
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                The hype exists for the same reasons it did for XP. It's Windows. It's something 'new'. There's also a certain segment of MS' userbase that still hopes they can do something right for a change/again.

Much like you though, I don't see the big deal. There's nothing about Vista for me to get even remotely excited about. Not to say it won't be a good Windows OS, but compared to everything else, it's just another Windows OS.
                Yep, and with the Beta version out, there's a good chance that you'll run into problems, which for me personally, I want to avoid. Everything works A1 right now with XP and I've fine tuned it and it works just great, plus I have but one HDD and I don't want any down time if ever I decide to switch back. But yeah it's new and blah blah blah, but it doesn't have the hype that say Win95 had, or that XP had.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                  Anyone running games under Vista? I tried putting on CFS3 from Microsoft and it didnt work...
                  Run the game in compatibility mode if it doesn't work natively.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild

How about it's the biggest change in an MS OS since Win 3.1->Win95?

Comment

Hardly. It's definitely more of a change than any of the other 9x and NT codelines upgrades, but it's far from being the sort of change Win 3.1 to Win 95 was.

Yes, there has been a lot of code rewritten, but you're confusing rewritten with something other than just modified; they've optimized much of the code.

Yes, there are a lot of 'new' things in Vista that are directly tied into those rewrites and additions, but most have existed in one form or another, even if they weren't part of the baseline OS.

My point wasn't that Vista isn't a big leap from XP, but rather that there's nothing about that leap that excites me, the piques my interest. Frankly, it would take a lot for damn near anything coming out of MS these days to deserve my attention. That's not saying I don't think MS can do good things and that there aren't talented people there, because I truly believe MS in that regard has the potential to surprise us all (in a good way).

*shrug*
                      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

What scares me is the huge jump in HW requirements
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Update:

Today I purchased and installed a Linksys wireless G card in the vist 32bit machine and it worked flawlessly.
                          So it was the D-link all along, don't buy D-link if you want to run Vista beta 2.

This post is from the windows Vista machine!

Cheers,
                          Elie
                          Last edited by Elie; 1 August 2006, 18:45.

Comment

I'm runnin it from VM workstation. Am I missing much?
                            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

You're missing transparent window frames and Flip3D. Not much else to speak of.
                              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                              X