No announcement yet.

There goes 3dfx...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to think that Matrox main focus in the Video card industry is in the Video Editing and Frame Capture markets. Hell they been around since 1975! I'm not sure how long ATi has been around and Nvidia was started by a bunch of ex 3dfx employees and the 3d craze didn't take off till 1994 time frame.

I'm guessing that the home/OEM markets are profitable for them, but they don't need to depend on them as much as the other guys do. If you take a look at the Matrox store and look at their Video and Frame Capture products your looking at prices starting at $500 and up! I bet Matrox makes a pretty penny off each one of these cards sold, since for the most part they are modified G-series products.

Also some posted about Nvidia having their home offices out in Sunny California. I took a look at Matrox's web page and they have offices all over the world and one of the Chip designs places was in Florida which has pretty nice weather also .

I'm not worried as much for Matrox the Company as much as we should be consern with Matrox's Video Card department for PCs. I guess time will tell...

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

That's an interesting theory. Matrox leaving the graphics business because of losing profits...

Comment

LOL iso, keep on speculating!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Speculation is a beautiful thing. If I'm right, then I can say I said so. If not, then I just say I was speculating

Comment

and you think we'll forget it?!
            Bwahahahahahaha

Don't be a fool iso
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I think it will be interesting around here if Matrox fails to deliver a G800 in the first half of 2001.

Comment

the first thing I remembered when reading the news was the picture of the "bitchin' fast board"

if nvidia continues buying technology it could become reality

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
                X