No announcement yet.

How far will my 800E go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, thanks Pauly I'm pushing it with stock cooling for the moment - currently up to 8*112 = 896, though WCPUID reports 8*113.5 = 908. Though it took an extra 0.05V.

I take it that that info, doesn't help you as to whether this will go beyond 1G (ie 8*133 - 1066MHz).

Paul.

Edit: 8 * 114 crashed all too quickly, currently trying 113...

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 05 January 2001).]
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

It's not just the processor that's affects the systems ability to run at 133 FSB. Your other cards, memory and drives have to be able to handle the High FSB speed as well.

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

So, er...sheepishly late in getting around to this (my excuse is I was waiting on a G400 that could handle higher bus speeds ), but is the PEP66U still a good choice? I want a nice easy option, a little assembly of the HSF is ok however

However, I had 2 considerations with the PEP that I was curious about...

1) It looks kinda big! Does that pull down on anything (in a bad way!)?

2) Side mounted fan! Where does it sit? Could it cause problems for me?

The late Paul of MURC .

--
        P3-800@..., 256Mb, 30Gb, 10x DVD, SBLive!, 3Com 905B-TX, 19" Iiyama, and a 17" Packard Bell. Oh yea, did I mention the
        <h2>G400 MAX!</h2>
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

take a look at the noisecontrol silverado.. it's quite expensive ($70 + shipping) and big, but it's one of the best coolers around, it's so quiet you have to look at it to check whether it works (no joke, read the cooler roundup "lord kryo" at www.tomshardware.com ), and the base is 50 grams pure 999.9 silver

www.noisecontrol.de (it's in german unfortunately, noisecontrol.com is something completely different) - but if you have any questions i'll translate for you if you want )

i just think a fast pc is nice, but a quiet pc is something i would trade a few fps in for, and with the silverado i have the feeling i won't need to (i'm in no way affiliated with noisecontrol, i just think loud pc's suck, cuz my current pc is killing my ears for 4 years now )

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

One thing there Pace...

In doing all of this, did you by chance happen to up the voltage of the CPU?

If so, have you tried lowering it now that the FOP38 is no longer draining current from the mobo? That could be the cause of the higher temp. (ie - higher voltage needed to make cpu work, due to lower current available to the motherboard, due to the fop38 eating it all and crying for more. fop38 out, current levels back up, and cpu saying ahhh-ahhh hot, hot, hot...)

Ok, so I can't write a good script for the CPU , but that could be the case - if you upped the voltage that is......

Guyver
            Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
            - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
            - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
            - 6.1 Digital Audio
            - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
            - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
            - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
            - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
            - LS120 IDE Floppy
            - Zip 100 IDE
            - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
            - NEC FE950
            - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Working...
            X