No announcement yet.

ThermoEngine V60-4210?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not checked the CPU temp @100% yet, but idle it's around 35-37'C.

The heat pipe works fine for me as the case fans take care of the rest...I just wish it were quieter!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Oh, I have an Enermax 330w PSU with an 80mm exhaust fan, and a 120mm intake fan. The is noiseless, however I dont get much air flow through the PSU....is this normal?

I buggered up my old 300w Macron PSU by flicking the 230v voltage switch across to crappy US voltage...

Serves me right for playing!
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

My temp droped to 39C over night when I had nothing but zonealarm pro, winproxy and seti runing!

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Paddy, that Thermosonic HS is pure crap... because of the poor of air flow to HS surface contact
          it cannot cool well. And any company that pulls a marketing stunt like that core hype will never
          get my $$

Silverado is 0.45c/w !!! Pardon me guys but that's absolutely pathetic!

------------------------

I'm reviewing the CNPS3100G (Gold washed copper) "Flower" HS by Zalman for Trainwrecker.com
          (thanks Lamfdtk!

http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnps3100g.htm

and a review...

http://www.trainwrecker.com/Reviews/...LMANCNPS_1.htm

It's a very well made and capable.

If the fan (12vdc) is left wired for 5vdc "quiet" operation (stock from factory) it's 0.35c/w, if
          wired for 12vdc it's 0.28c/w

If even more air is "effectively" passed through it, it's performance is way better (much lower c/w
          rating).

Full review forthcoming on How to's and what not's. Currently I'm in the process of moving, so
          finishing this review will have to wait til that's accomplished.

Though only for socket based designs, I attached it to my Athlon (SlotA) 500@850 (1.9vdc) and
          can say it works a treat
          (of course that's with my brand of forced air cooling

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 29 March 2001).]
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

hehehe, Cheers man! They look the part too!

My search is over! - now where can i get one of these babies.....

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Paddy [MU]:
              Oh, I have an Enermax 330w PSU with an 80mm exhaust fan, and a 120mm intake fan. The is noiseless, however I dont get much air flow through the PSU....is this normal?
              </font>
              I've got the same power supply Paddy, it's not blowing out as much as I would have expected for a PS with two fans. But I can't really complain, it's quiet and the voltages don't seem to move at all. My last power supply they fluctuated all over the place.

Guru: how loud is the Volcano II? I've got one sitting in it's box to replace a Coolmaster (probably the same one you had), the coolmaster is ok, but it seem to generate a high pitch whine that's driving me nuts. I narrowed it done to the HSF by unplugging all the drives and fans and connecting them one at a time and the HSF seems to be it.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 29 March 2001).]
              Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

The volcano II has a more lower pitched sound then the cooler master!

------------------
                Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Great, thanks. I'll switch the HSF out on the weekend.
                  Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

I shall aswell - finances permitting of course

Cheers man!

Paddy

Comment

My Alpha PAL6035 with the YTech 26CFM fan still does a great job, fan blowing down. Not too noisy either. ALBPM put me onto this one a while back.

Ducted to ambient air through case side (from the getting a Chrome Orb to cool better days), runs 38C loaded. Without the duct it runs 40C.

------------------
                      ABIT KT7A, Two RAID 0's * 900MHz Athlon T'bird, 133/33 @ 7.5 for 1000 * 256MB Crucial 7E PC/133 RAM * Win2000SP1/Win98SE * The Rest
                      MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                      Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                      512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                      Matrox P
                      X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                      LianLiPC70

Comment

Working...
                      X