Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

g400max , finally here BUT IT IS SOO SLOW !!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a g400max and not a g400!
    Shipped on august 2nd , ordered June 6th !
    And for your info , I don´t play at 37 fps because i think that it is way to slow for me . I play q3atest at over 50 fps at 16 Bit with my tnt2ultra and all details on !
    I believe that 50-60 fps is ABSOLUTELY necessary in timedemo 1 , because when the scene in q3 really gets crouded you drop to 30 and lower fps ! (i have tested this with map 2 and more than 20 people on the server ).
    So if you play at 28 fps you will get 15 fps when there are many players at once on the screen !!!!!!!!!
    Now WHO is the fool now ?

Comment

^
      |
      |
      |
      Who is the fool now?

Rags

[This message has been edited by M Ragsdale (edited 08-08-2345).]

[This message has been edited by M Ragsdale (edited 08-08-99).]

Comment

heheheh . i love b&b !
        Btw , if you think that i am beavis .. YEHAAAAA ! He is WAY cooler than buthead !

p.s.: this thread is going to be real long !
        (but nobody is interested what i have to say ......yeah , right kruzin ;-)

[This message has been edited by tombman (edited 08-08-99).]

Comment

No tombman, you're the one who doesn't get it. While you're running timedemos and then whining about the low scores, that you're getting, here in the forums the rest of us are playing the actual games and enjoying it.

And why should I bother giving you any benchmarks when all I have is a lowly K6-2/400? If you want benchmarks with a PIII 500 or better then I suggest that you vist the various websites out there starting with www.murc.ws

Joel

Oh and BTW I am affiliated Matrox. I have owned their various products for over 4 years now.

Maybe you and tylau should get together, y'all would make a perfect couple. Both of you are a pain in the ass and like comparing dick sizes.

Comment

Joelg , i have owned a millenium one from matrox myself and i still believe that they COULD make great products ! Why do you think
            i bought a g400max when i already have a tnt2ultra ? Because i wanted dual head , env. bump . mapping and a superior image quality BESIDES a superior 32 bit performance ! And what did i get ? A card that is completely unstable , has CRAPPY opengl performance and a so so direct3d !
            (i still haven´t seen a score higher than mine at 16*12*32). You say that i should concentrate on the game and not on the fps ,but i ask you : is there a difference in 60 fps compared to 30 fps , or not ?
            I think it is much more fun enjoying the landscape on a riding tour with a MC Laren than with a Golf GTI ;-)

p.s.: you all talk about dick sizes ....hmm. .. i think that EVERY man on earth would like to have a big huge dick , mo matter if it hurts the woman or not , it just looks so cool ....

Comment

Well, if anybody cares about it, I just had a lanparty over here all weekend sicne friday. Again, my HL scores arent all that great, having to drop to 800x600 to play well (as one dude there with a Verite card said, you bastard, I get 13fps at 512x384, so dont complain) but I played Q3 with all detail on all weekend on huge 32 player games and I never saw any slowdown, so tombman, take your numbers and shove them where the sun dont shine. If your so damn hot to trot for maxuimum framerates go get a v3 3500 and shut the hell up already. I still kicked the ass of all the guys with tnt2's and all the other cards. Oddly enough the dude that kicked my ass a couple times was running a tnt1. So again, your deductions are total crap. So go brag about your awesome tnt at a riva baord where people give a shit and die. You'll notice if you read my bitching posts that I accepted peopels help and thanked them even when it didnt work out for me. it's called courtesy. I guess they dont teach people in mental institutions that or soemthing.
              A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

You will get a screenshot later but for now :
                2115 3dmarks
                1803 rastermarks
                20.5 21.8 (games)
                156,1 247,5 (fill rates)
                bump : 19,9 26,5 45,7
                texture speeds : 82,6 64,5 43,2 25,1 2,5

cpu: 8076 cpu marks

Genom , the guy kicked your ass with a tnt1 ?
                MUAHAH , imagine what he could have done to you with a tnt2 !

[This message has been edited by tombman (edited 08-08-99).]

Comment

Well, I wanted to see how my scores compared to everyone else's. So here they are:

Unreal
                  1280 ~25
                  1152 ~32
                  1024 ~35
                  800 ~41

that was with textures and sound set to High, 32bit mode and volumetric lighting disabled (FYI, with Vol. Lighting enabled all scores dropped 2-5 fps)

Q3Test 1.08

dm1 dm2
                  1024 35.4 35.6
                  1152 31.8 33.0
                  1600 16.3 18.1

That was with all settings as high as possible (including sound), sky setting off, v-synce off, bilinear

My system specs:

P-III 450 @ 504
                  G400 DH 32 OEM clocked at MAX speeds (150/200)
                  256 meg PC133 HSDRAM (whatever they call it...the expensive stuff)
                  Abit BX6r2
                  AGP Aperature set to 256
                  MX300 with latest Aureal drivers

PS non-o/cing the G400 only results in about 4-7 fps less than MAX speeds

PPS I paid $160 for my G400. Considering it runs at MAX speeds with no problems, I think it was a great investment. Surely saved me $100+ and several weeks of waiting.

[This message has been edited by Terell (edited 08-08-99).]

Comment

Hey man,

I wasnt trying to brag about my Q3 skills. I was just trying to give you the NUMBERS u so crave...my point was that i dont need your extra 7-9 fps to kick ass in Q3 or any other Open GL game on this card. I know upper 20's in the timedemo doesnt sound like to much but to be honest i never see this "slowdown" u are refering to when 20+ ppl are playing at once. Mine stays very smooth through out the entire game. May i ask why the **** did u buy a G400MAX if u already had a TNT2 Ultra...are u some kinda spoiled brat who has money out the ass thanx to good ol pop?

CoolBreeze aka KAST
                    P3 500(not overclocked)
                    128 MB PC100 SDRAM
                    SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
                    Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
                    Diamond MX300 Sound Card
                    AOpen 40x CD ROM
                    Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
                    Motorola Cable Modem
                    Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
                    17" CRT Monitor
                    Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----

Comment

You may NOT ask where i get my money to buy whatever i want , and no , i am not a brat , i am 26.
                      I wanted a g400max because i thought it has anything that the tnt2ultra has AND IN ADDITION dual haed , dvd max , env. bump. mapping AND BETTER 32 bit performance !!!
                      If all that had been true i would have sold my tnt2ultra .....btw : dual head and all the other goodies of the g400 chip series are VERY COOL !

You can see the "many players" slowdown if you play at map 2 .Go into spectator mode
                      (free fly) and position yourself so that you can see the whole map AND all players in it.
                      Then be sure to be not too far away from the ground to see all the rocket explosions at a close distance . Activate the framecounter and watch it go up and sometimes down ;-)
                      I swear when 5 players are in a close fight all using rockets you WILL see a fps loss.
                      Btw , i am not interested in frags per second but in FRAMES per second ;-)

And in 16 bit i get 15-20 fps MORE in q3 than with the g400max ...but i think that even 20 fps more is not important to you either.

Comment

i think he definitly ****ed something up. maybe he damaged his card in that over spec agp slot.

------------------
                        Noel C Ridge Jr.(im tired and boared but i go on.(my friends think im nuts, i keep telling them im just insane.)

Comment

Hey tombman,

Have you not realized yet that we really don't care what kind of benchmarks you are getting? And for the most part we don't care if you ever get the benchmarks you are looking for. We have tried to help you on serveral occasions, and all we've gotten in return is to be told that we are wrong, stupid, and accused of being affiliated with Matrox, just because we like the card. My advice to you is to go some place else looking for help, because after the way you have treated most of this forum's ppl, you won't find it here.

Joel

Comment

joel , love makes blind , doesn´t it ?
                            Liking a card is NOT ENOUGH for it costs 250$ and more (shipping etc).
                            And if i want help i will get help ...i just wanted to inform the murc people that the g400max is NOT fast with 5.13 drivers but i think i touched a holy grail .....*smile*

Comment

"And if i want help i will get help..." Seems like to me you do need help but not with your video card.

"i just wanted to inform the murc people that the g400max is NOT fast with 5.13 drivers..." All you've done is to inform us that it is not fast for you. Others have stated otherwise. So therefore it seems that you are the one with the problem.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joelg (edited 08-08-99).]

Comment

Whatever .....this thread is becoming boring ...i suggest closing it ..

Comment

Working...
                                X