The Nightmare Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nightmare Returns

Thought I would finally update my old system that has a mystic G200 (16M) / Fic503+ (rev1.1) / AMD K62 300. Yeah, remember that "Nightmare Combo"?

Bad idea !!!!!!

Updated {1}DirectX 7.0 {2)Via 4 in 1 {3}Matrox pd5.30 (with proper uninstall of old drivers).

Used DirectX diagnostic tool and found it failed Direct 3D accleration. Checked a couple of games and sure enough, failed big time.

Wasted the rest of the day checking all my configurations. Thank God for notes, this forum and lots of tips "especially from the BB's".

Finally removed the pd5.30 drivers and installed the pd5.25 ones and "BINGO" everything works fine.

Oh yeah...that G200 worked "excellent" (even with agp 2x) in my other system that has an intel 300a @ 464 and Abit BH6, and which now has the Mighty G400 Max. (Best damn video card out right now!)

Ha, if you've read this far then let me give a big "High Five" to Matrox and there reps that filter these forums. To the "Beta Boys" for all the support they provide and to "Ant" for making this happen.

What filter ?

/Carl-Adam, Sweden

Comment

DOG, just wondering, but have you tried the PD5.30 with DX6.1 ?? DX7.0 is not necessary for using PD5.30, as these drivers are not optimized to use DX7 (or v.v. )

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

I've been using a G200 with FIC VA-503+ for quite some time-- Never had problems until powerdesk 5.25 came out. I was running stock system *without* all the VIA drivers, and getting AGP 2x, etc.

With 5.25 (and above) the system didn't work, so I went to the VIA web site, downloaded the 4in144.exe and apply all the patches contained therein.

Works like a champ.

Comment

HI Jorden... I never did try the 5.30 with Directx 6.1, but what the heck its running good right now and it's my daughters computer now, so I just don't have the interest to get to indepth with it anymore.

Ya know I really like AMD and hope they continue to succeed. But before I ever buy another one I will take a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG hard look at who makes there chipsets and what others are experiencing.

------------------
          G400 Max@175.50/219.38, Celeron 300A@464, Abit BH6, SB Live Value, 128M SDRAM, WD Expert 18G 7200rpm, PCI Ethernet with Cable Modem.

Comment

Working...
          X