"THANKYOU MATROX"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "THANKYOU MATROX"

I would just like to say for the record that "the G400 MAX is the best card I have ever used",and hope that they will make tracks towards T&L and Texture Compression in future
    Graphics Chips.

"KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK"

Regards Matt {:O)

Add to this post if you want to show your appreciation for a job well done :]

I believe that. That's why I have never owned any other video card since the Mystique 170.

(Trident wasn't really a video card....was it?)

Paul.
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I'm afraid I haven't been as loyal as you have Electric Amish. I bought a V2-8MB to accompany the Millenium I 2MB that I originally got in my Gateway 2000 (I SPECIFICALLY asked for the Millenium when I bought it). Later I tried an i740 based card, then a Permedia2, then a TNT1 (still got the last one- in the box I'm building from scratch parts, along with the latest V2-12MB). I was watching and waiting for Matrox to release an outstanding 2D/3D capable card, and nearly bought the G200, but couldn't find them in stores here for a while. Luckily I read up on it and found out about the probs people were having (namely, no real OpenGL drivers).

In the meantime, the TNT1 and V2 did an admirable job with the then-current games and my C300a (@450 or 464, depending on how far back you go).

Then everything changed- Matrox announced the G400. After seeing shots of the bump-mapping and dual monitor abilities, I was elated, and immediately set my heart on the Max. Matrox had finally produced a killer card to give the competition a real run for their framerate!

After reading up on anything I could find about this new card, including any early reviews, I decided I needed a new processor and more memory- so I got a P3-450 and 256 MB PC100(125Mhz) ram to accompany the new star in my PC. Sadly, I had ordered the video card on the 4th of June, a full week before picking up the other components, but was compelled to use the (now) ancient video cards in my box for another 4 weeks before Matrox actually shipped my Max.

After all this time, was it worth it? You d@%n skippy! Too bad that the cards aren't easier to come by though. That kinda hurts its popularity, since many people that want their new fix now look elsewhere rather than pay $250+ or waiting God knows how long to get it. I'm certain (in my own fragged-out/DM diseased mind) that this card would be giving both the nVidia TnTwins(2) and the 3DFX Voodoo3 a real run for their sales dollars if people could get them easily.

Oh well, maybe their next cards will have the same kinds of cutting edge features and performance compared to their competition that the G400s had this time, but be easily obtainable and in good supply. I can hardly wait!

------------------
      Ace
      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
      Gainward Ti4600
      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I am with mathew. My MAX is a great card.

------------------
        Win98SE, 600 PIII @672 MHz (@2.40 V) w/Alpha P3-125 heatsink/fan, ABIT BX6-2 MB, 128 MB Siemens PC100 SDRAM, G400 MAX, Diamond V2 SLI, Diamond MX300 with Senheiser HD-600 headphones and Sennheiser DSP360 Dolby processor, CL Dxr3 Decoder, Adaptec AHA2940 w/uw SCSI, IBM 9ZX 9.1GB 10K UW SCSI HD, WDE 4360 4.3GB 7.2k UW SCSI HD, Pioneer 303s SCSI DVD, modified Supermicro SC750A case with PCP&C Silencer 275W PS, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Comment

That's amazing... I bought my first Matrox card with a gateway2000 too !

It was the 10th Aniversary system in 1995.
          It included a Matrox Millentium I and 133Mhz pentium with 16mb ram... I remeber I was impressed by the "WRAM" the Millenium had.

BTW I still have the same SuperTower case I got with that system but today it hold in a P3-500 with all the good stuff... I also replaced the Vivitron 17" with a new VisionMaster Pro 510 22" (IIYAMA) and I must recommand this monitor.. it is the perfect monitor for a perfect graphic card (G400)

Comment

I have been using Matrox for 2D since the Millennium II.

I have to admit, I didn't really consider the Millennium G200 to be a card capable of 3D acceleration. More like a card for taking fancy screenshots now and then -- I simply used the Voodoo2 SLI for gaming (a card for which I cannot thank 3dfx enough, the V2 has served me very well for over a year).

The G400, on the other hand, is nothing short of amazing. I'm thrilled every time I play with it. I always thought UT or NFSHS had quite average graphics. On the G400 both of them look pretty awesome.

I only wish we had D3D/OGL under Windows 2000, and, more importantly, to have the MAX readily available all around the world. I've been trying to get a Max ever since the first reviews appeared. Looks like today I'll actually be getting one finally. (The Online Store is not an option for me, unfortunately.)

As of now I have only used an OEM 32 MB SH.

Comment

I love my G-baby, but I must admit for Tribes I favor my canopus. Other than that my V2 just collects dust
              "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
              [Bill Gates, 1981]

Comment

The G400 has got to be one of the best cards I have ever owned. No disappointment here.

slyfox

Comment

The only thing ive seen getting better frames rates than my G400 MAX in OpenGL is a GeForce SDR and the Savage2000. Both of which posted only slightly better numbers. TNT2 Ultras and V3 3500 were far behind, especially in higher res and 32-bit. Im happy, plus it gave me a good exucse to buy a pIII 450!

------------------
                  </list>
                  PIII 450 @ 464
                  generic BX6 motherboard
                  G400 MAX : )
                  Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
                  Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
                  Creative 36x CD-ROM
                  HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
                  64 megs PC100 RAM
                  Intel 10/100
                  Soundblaster 32 AWE
                  DiamondMAX 56k
                  Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
                  4 large fans.

Comment

Hey, nobody can thank them more than me (well, maybe the other BBz)

I also started woth the Millenium(1) 2meg.
                    Added a 2meg module to that.
                    Went to a MilleniumII 4meg.
                    tossed a 4meg module at that.
                    Got an 8meg MillII.
                    Added an M3D to that (woohoo)
                    Moved on to the G200 Millennium.
                    Turned into a MURC head.
                    Hooked up with the Beta proggy.
                    Recieved a G400 32meg DH for "testing" purposes.
                    Hope to recieve whatever comes next for "testing"

All of the above listed cards are STILL IN USE, in one of my machines, or a family/freinds machine.

THANK YOU MATROX
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

My compulsive upgrade path was the following:

S3Virge 2Mb (yuck)
                      S3Virge 4Mb (yuck x2)
                      Matrox Millennium I 4Mb + Matrox m3D combo
                      (just a little note about this little powerVR devil: It was a pitty that the game industry hadn´t supported powerVR in the right way. Some say that pvr sucks bad: no it doesn´t, it´s support sucked. I still have Ultimate Race pro and the PowerSGL version was amazing)
                      Matrox Millennium G200 8Mb OEM
                      Matrox Millennium G400 32 Mb DH retail

I will not thank Matrox because I paid for all my cards (No ofense BBoyz )... but I want to congratulate the company for manufacturing outstanding products for the PC market.

And I am almost 100% sure my next video card will be a Matrox one...

Comment

YEAH!!!!
                        a big thanks from me too..
                        i have always had a Matrox card in my machine,
                        never has my PC been so capable in the multimedia deptartment.
                        I am so proud of my Marvel G400, and the 'Powered by Matrox' Sticker on the front :O)

especially since my friend thinks his machine with a TNT 2 is better
                        i keep sending him screenshots of Slave zero with and without bump mapping to piss him off.
                        have you seen the tnt's effort, its like a whole different texture set :O) hee hee
                        Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Yeah my story is alot like Kruzin's in a way.

3/96 - Bought my first Matrox product a 2MB Millenium I, paid $318.59.
                          1/97 Added a 6MB module, paid $240.00.
                          11/97 Bought the M3D, paid $108.24.
                          12/97 Met Flangor, on a PowerVR site, who with Ant's help started the first Matrox forum. That right this forum has been in existance for almost 2 years now.
                          3/98 Bought a Millenium II 4MB, paid $138.95.
                          7/98 Bought the 8MB G200 Millennium, paid $162.36.
                          10/98 Added the 8MB upgrade, paid $52.95.
                          During the earlier part of this year I also hooked up with the Beta testing program and later recieved a G400 32MB DH card for "testing".

Like Kruzin, all of the above cards, except for the M3d, are still in service. I have tried other cards during this time also only to return them when they did not give me what I find most important, high visual quality. I also tend to laugh everytime I see someone whine about what they have to pay, at the on-line store, for a 32MB DH G400MAX considering what I paid for my first card.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

TANKS MATROX BECAUSE OF YOU I DESCOUVER MURC.
                            My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                            --------------
                            I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
                            (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
                            Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmm..... Matrox MILL1 2meg,Matrox Mystique 4mb,Mystique2204mb+M3D,Productiva G100 8mb (my first AGP card )+Diamond VooDoo2 8meg,Matrox MILL G200 8mb Yahuuuuuu !
                              bye , bye VooDoo2 & my MILL-G40032SH babe ...yes, I do like MATROX wery , wery WERY MUCH !

------------------
                              PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
                              PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Working...
                              X