No announcement yet.

Lets make this the definative Matrox/DVD/NTSC/PAL playback thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems odd, but I would go for the RGB Scart lead, pop down to Maplin and buy a vga plug and hood, a scart plug and some overall screened cable with at least 4 cores (r,g,b and video). Or better, cable with individually screened cores.

You can also connect pin 16 on the SCART to pin 13 on the VGA socket to allow auto switching to RGB mode, ie when a signal is present on the dual head o/p the TV (should) switch to the right mode.. Obviously you will need a 5th core in the cable you buy.

You`ll probably find only 1 scart socket accepts RGB, and using the cable on the other will only give composite.

Comment

Now I know I'm jumping in a bit late, but it was my understanding that NTSC and PAL are two different methods of transmitting pictures. Both of them have two key differences, colour encoding and frequency.

Right, now we get to RGB. RGB via SCART (also known as RGB sync on composite) is another way of sending the same data. However instead of mixing the colour and frequency data into one line, it separates the red, green, blue and sync (frequency) data into four separate streams. Right then, as such does it not mean that if your tv can handle 50hz and 60hz (pal and b&w ntsc) then would it not mean that the colour encoding of the source is irrelevant if the method used is RGB?

To put another angle on it, Your monitor uses a type of RGB where the sync is split into horizontal and vertical components. You don't need ntsc and pal monitors do you?

correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

ummmm I think thats the exacr point were making????

so if thats correct i just need a VGA to RGB lead correct?????

anyhow my pals coming round on sun night and he's far better at these things then I
        And he's kind enough to do it for me out of spare bits he has :O)

Now kindly peruse my new thread and help me out with my G400 MAX :O)
        Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Working...
        X