DVDMax performance problems on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMax performance problems on TV

I do have a G400 16 MB DH at default settigns with the latest drivers 5.41. When I run a DVD (a bug's life with Matrox DVD player or Power DVD and I use the DVDMax feature, I do have a wunderful picture on my computer screen and on my TV. My Problem is that the speed of the video slows down, when I enable DVDMax. Withoug DVDMax the video performance is perfect. So is there a way to close the video on my computer screen but keep it running on my TV? Would this result in a better DVDMax performance?
    Actually my system should not be the problem as I have a Celeron 500 MHZ and 128 MB Ram.

I am very thankful for any help or comments!!

a bug's life rules!!!!!!

Have you closed all other applications?

Are you using the DVD player that's on the Matrox CD that came with your card?

I had similar problems when I started using DVD Max, but they seemed to have been fixed by reinstalling both the Video Drivers and the DVD player.

Comment

I used the Matrox player as well as the power DVD 2.0 Player, and there was no difference. But I found the problem. As I live in Europe my TV is PAL and I selected PAL in my settings. But as the dvd is American (NTSC) there must have been a problem with the line jumping of the TV or what so ever. I just changed to NTSC in my DVD Max settings and it works. Easy huh? :-) Yeah now I can watch a bug's life fullscreen on TV in perfect speed, wunderful!!!

Thanks for your time and your time, Le Bodge!

Comment

Do any of you guys get Blue Pixel Noise when PLaying a DVD or any other movie file on your computer screen?
        PIII-500, 128M RAMpc-100, ADVANCE 5/133 Motherboard, QuantumKA 18.2gig, QuantumST 6.4gig, Creative DVD-Rom 5x, Pioneer CD-Rom 12x, G400Max Dualhead, SB Live, Winmodem 33.6, NEC MultiSync E900+ 19" Monitor, Windows SE

Comment

No I don't have those pixel problems. But I read a message within this forum that somebody else had the same problem. His solution was to reinstall Win98 and the problem was gone. Maybe this works for you as well.

Comment

I've got a similary problem; i live in europe, i watch a dvd zone 2 in PAL, no problem during the first 2 minutes but after this 2 minutes the video slows down !
            This problem occurs only with PowerDVD, no problem with MatroxDVD.. maybe several slow down each 10/15 minutes and after 5 seconds all become normal... very strange
            Have you any idea ??

Comment

Magnum

Just curious, do you have an NTSC TV aswell or how do you take care of the NTSC-video output?

Kristian

------------------
              - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Striving for perfection
              - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Striving for perfection

Comment

I live in europe and have a pal TV but a NTSC DVD. And since I have chosen NTSC output in my software settings the performance is better. I guess it is a probelm concerning the TV standards and the line jumping of the electron beam or something like that..........

Comment

Working...
                X