Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Win2K (5.03.25) drivers out go get'em :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, finally got back home and took out cpuidle pro, add the new line(copy and paste the original w2k line, then replace /fastdetect with /numproc=1), reboot to the second option, and went into w2k without hanging. then i started UT and almost immediately said the BSOD (first from w2k i might add for my system). the error message reads:

STOP 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE.TRAP

what's this anyway? help please.

------------------
    Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Comment

well... anyone have any other ideas?
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      Travis L. Knodel
      ICQ 5570732

Abit BP6
      Dual Celeron 366@523 Mhz
      Matrox G400 16MB SH
      IBM ATA66 15.2 GB HD w/ 2MB cache
      WD UDMA33 4.3 GB POS HD
      Acer 40X CD Rom
      Memorex 1622 2x2x6 CD-RW
      Internal NEC Zip100
      Netgear 10/100 Ethernet
      Diamond Monster Sound MX300
      Altec Lansing ACS 295
      Proview 17" Monitor
      224 MBs generic PC100 RAM

Comment

glarec

one thing that is recommended when trouble shooting these problems is to put your cpu back to its' "normal" speed rating...just to eliminate that variable, then check this site out:

www.microsoft.com/windows2000/library/resources/reskit/ErrorandEventMessages/default.asp

somewhere on that site is a link that explains the new BSOD error messages. i plan on installing q3 or ut this weekend after i do a backup, hopefully they run ok.

quote from the win2k resource kit documentation concerning the stop code 0x7F

this stop code means that one of two problems occurred in the kernel, either a kind of condition that the kernel is not allowed to have and the other is a "bound trap", and is always fatal.

the other parts of the stop, the 0x00000000 part is a divide by 0 error. it says either memory corruption, hardware problems or software failure cause this.

i just love msft help...technically correct, but otherwise useless!!

chucky

[This message has been edited by Chucky Cheese (edited 02 March 2000).]

Comment

Glarec, the error is a memory issue. Verify that they are seated well, and verify they are all rated the same speed etc...the other issue could be that not all ram was recognized at bootup.....give it a whirl..

-Dil

------------------
          I'm not just a MURCer, I'm also a client!

Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

hmm.. if this is a memory issue, then i am doubtfounded. this is the same computer and works well under win98, NT, and well.. ok at dual processor under w2k. how can it be a memory problem when i force the computer to use only 1 processor under w2k, and only while running 3D applications? could it be that w2k can't handle the force processing and got confused?

i am very sure the ram is well sitted and the memory is under the same clock speed (it's a pair of pc100 micron 128M ram).

well.. i guess i am out of options. just have to wait for matrox to come out with drivers that really supports MPS systems. please hurry heh

------------------
            Glarec
            ------

Glarec
            ------

Comment

Glarec, that is right from Microsnot's site....that error is a memory issue...I would check latency settings, and go conservative on any timing that you can adjust

-Dil

------------------
              I'm not just a MURCer, I'm also a client!

Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

glarec

its' more than likely that unreal tried to gain "exclusive" access to a piece of hardware in your system. this is not allowed under windows nt architecture.

that 0x0000000D is a generic exception that is not covered by some other exception and pertains to access violations for applications...thats a quote from the res. kit docs. it does say however that mismatched memory can cause this error, along with overclocking.

if everything else is running ok,,,i think it is what i said in the beginning of this post. are all drivers for all your hardware current and written for win2k?

i don't know if you can afford it but i would recommend buying the win2k pro resource kit, these codes are explained pretty well.

ISBN 1-57231-808-2 US$ 69.99

chucky

[This message has been edited by Chucky Cheese (edited 03 March 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X