No announcement yet.

DivX movie not passed through TV-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I rip a DVD, I cut the size down to 576x384. I use the DivX ;-) low-motion codec with the highest bitrate and mp3 audio encoding, and the result is about an hour of video per burned CD. The quality is stunning, and the res is a multiple of 32 so its all good.

ASF is suck. Once something goes ASF, its pretty much stuck there. AFAIK, the only english program that can open ASF's is VirtualDub 1.3c. The creator legally reverse-engineered the format, but MS still caught him on patent infringement, so he had to stop distributing it. That patent, BTW, is the kind of patent that feeds the families of Rambus employees. Interesting fact: WMP won't play AVI files with mpeg-4 video encoding.

AVI and MPG are the only decent formats. DivX ;-) is undeniably the best codec.

Comment

say whatever you want, but MS MPEG-4 is not much different from DivX ;-)

I am not sure if there even is a difference concerning display quality.

DivX ;-) only has a fancier DS-show filter menu, support for use in .avi files and encoding support through the codec.

Comment

1 - I wouldn't say DivX is the best codec because it handles fast movement poorly.

2 - mpeg4 uses encodes in 16x16 macroblocks just like DivX so if anything, it should be a multiple of 16, not 32.

Ciao

Comment

too bad. It is 'multiple of 32'. Nothing you can change about that. And that fact has not much to do with the macroblocks.

Comment

Working...
          X