Win2K Dual Head problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K Dual Head problem

I'm having trouble getting my DH setup working on my G400MAX. My Primary monitor shows up just fine (using it now), the secondary shows up, but when I go to Multidisplay the bottom half is on the top and the top is on the bottom. I assume this is driver issue. I'm running Win2K SP1, and the 5.20.016 drivers.

I've fiddled with it for hors, uninstalling drivers with the uninstall tool then reinstalling.

I'm sorry if I've missed something, just ask I'd really like to get this working.

Thanks ahead of time.

Scooter

Umm... wow. Did it work ok under Win9x?

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I dunno.. haven't tried it in Win98...

Comment

I don't quite get your meaning.
        Each indivual screen is scrambled?
        Or the monitors are stacked, and the display you believe should be on top is on bottom? If this is the case, you can drag the monitor icons around in the display properties, and position them where you want them to be...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

No, the primary is working just fine...

Remember when the V-sync was out on that old TV? Well it looks just like that, only the TV's would scroll that fat line down/up the screen.

I'll try and show you:

-------------------------------------------
          | What should be the bottom 3/4 |
          | of the screen |
          | |
          | |
          | |
          | |

| What should be the very top | | of the screen |
          | |

Comment

ok that didn't show up correctly...:P

It's supposed to be a big box which represents the bottom 3/4 of the screen

The smaller box is supposed to represent the top 1/4 of the screen..

It's like someone got a pair of scissors and cut the top part of the screen off and relocated it to the bottom.

Is that clear enough? It's an easy concept, but difficult to explain.

Thanks guys.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scooter (edited 11 December 2000).]

Comment

I forgot to mention... what is showing is showing correctly on the second monitor.

The text is easily readable and the colors are accurate..

Comment

This is a new one to me. Never heard of this problem before.
                Does the secondary monitor work properly when hooked to the primary output?
                Does changing the refresh rate on the secondary (when hooked to the 2nd out) affect this problem?
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Does the secondary monitor work properly when hooked to the primary output?
                  Yes, nothing changes even when I swapped monitors. Same senario.

Does changing the refresh rate on the secondary (when hooked to the 2nd out) affect this problem?

Win2k can't change the resolution of the second display from the primary. This is a known OS limitation. Not Matrox from what I understand.

And, I don't have a Win98 box to try it on..=(

Comment

Not resolution...refresh rate.
                    I thought with the latest drivers you could change the refresh independantly (I dont run 2k, so I'm not sure on this point).
                    Even if you cant change the refresh independantly, does it make any difference if you try a diff. refresh on both monitors? For that matter, what happens if you run at a diff resolution?
                    Also, do you have the proper monitor selected? Not PnP, but the specific monitor...Running with a PnP monitor selected limits your control over the displays.

Comment

Sorry, I should have been reading better. My apologies.

I'm not sure how I would change the resolution independantly..*scratching head*

you have a good point... I look under display properties and it shows a PnP monitor.

I have a Sony GDM-F500 primary and a Hitachi Super Scan Elite 751 as my secondary. I have the ini files for them under Win9x, but when I try to update the "monior driver" it just installs the PnP ini.. have any ideas how to get around that?

Comment

Yes.

Instead of having it look for the proper driver for you, choose to look in a specific location instead. If your monitor doesn't show up on the next screen, choose "Show all hardware" in the checkbox below the selections.

Rags

Comment

Ok, I rebooted just for grins, and it asked for my F500's ICC profile which I had.

I looked under DualHead under Display properties and my second monitor still shows up as a PnP...

Comment

Still no dice... OK, what drivers are you guys using under Win2K and DH?

Comment

hello??

Comment

Working...
                              X