No announcement yet.

Matrox Fusion G450/G800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matrox has their work cut out for them if they wanna match GF2 speeds. I LOVE Matrox, don't get me wrong, but after buying a GeForce 2 today, I see what the hype was about. The only flaw this card has is price. Matrox's G800 better be a monster if they want a piece of the hardcore 3D gamer. This thing has better-than-or-equal-to Matrox image quality, speed to burn, great DVD, S3TC and DXTC, bump mapping, great 2D even. I eagerly await the G800 if they want to compete with Nvidia.

The Rock
    www.3dforce.com
    Bart

Comment

Well, i won a GF2, so im using it. My G400 MAX is waiting for me to build my dual pIII 450 for buisness purposes. The ONLY grip im having with matrox right now is this.
      They are opperating in a buisness/OEM market... They make good buisness cards. Where are the fully functional, good, stable, SMP enabled, Windows 2000 drivers. Windows 2000 IS the serious buisness OS right now...
      [End Rant]

Comment

Jorden, ever heard of a "surge protector"?

You sound pretty dumb to me, if you forgot those things existed. You know, you plug one in and it has like 10 outlets on it.

I got like 2 computers + a sh**load of peripherals pluged into 2 wall outlets using my surge protectors.

• Box 2:
        • operating system: FreeBSD 4.1
        • CPU: Intel Pentium 60
        • memory: 32 MB
        • hard drive: Quantum Fireball 1 GB

legalize

Comment

I see Mr Charm and Diplomacy is back.

Comment

LOL, Ant ... who's that ?
            (seems like I missed something in the past ...)
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Guess Maggi

I do wonder if he has gotten as far as page 2 in this thread, as I do think I answered it all above ... *sigh*

<font size=1>Pretty dumb? I have 2 complete cable-gutters with enough electricity, network and phone outlets, CAT 6 cable, and all that, including installation, for free, but I am pretty dumb? Yeah right... </font>

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

And worst of all, he missed out on the witty pun in my response.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Erm, pun yes, but..

Comment

Well sometimes I only post these things for my amusement but I hope that they give at least one other person a smile (or a grimace).
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Up!

time for more Condor 2 speculation again

I guess the G450 fusion is a case study for the condor 2 dual chip config. There's no easier way to make a single concept work if all other facets of the core already work

I just hope that the claimed pin-compatibility between the G450 and the Condor 2 don't implicate that the memory bus if the G800 also is 64-bits.... can anyone find out how many reserved pins there are on the G450 (maybe you can see how many pins of the G450 are not used yet?)

Another thing is that I hope that FC-RAM will be avaible at reasonable costs too soon, in the timeframe the G800 is planend to be released

Comment

It seems to me that the G800 project is fissioning (coming apart)- no fusion seems to be occuring!

Oh well, I'm patient.

Comment

Hey everyone:

Can someone actually list out the FACTS we KNOW about the next card/chip from Matrox?

In some drivers at some point there were the words 'Fusion' (there's no 'h' there Jorden! ) and 'Fusion Plus' yeah? Has there been anything else which is hard evidence of something new? Has there even been the mention of a 'G800', or is this more assumptions? How about new memory types or bus widths or multiple processors?

Someone please list out the KNOWN HARD evidence...
                          I think that Matrox should scrap the numbers naming and go for words like Ati and Nvidia have. Numbers are boring now. We need the Matrox Super-Fusion Fuel-Injected High-flying Gob-smacking Geforce-crushing Radeon-eating graphics card - now isn't that just a much better name?

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 03 January 2001).]

Comment

If they were "fusing" 2- G450's onto one board, wouldn't they logically call it the "G900"???

Just wondering.

amish
                            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I hope they "fusing" 2xG400 MAX not 450

Until then i will use my brand new Radeon 32 DDR i just bought today

Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x---&gt;6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

Oh god, not a Raedon.... just make sure you have the absolute latest drivers...
                                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                                X