Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a rumors ... or real fact?

I would like to know....
    Is there a real fact that matrox suposed to annonced their new chip/graphic card in march??

Cause I'm to excited about the new .... and I don't wont to be disapointed.

It´s a fact that it´s a rumour.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Alec:
      It´s a fact that it´s a rumour. </font>
      Ok!! so... i'm disapointed!!
      :O)

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Strade:
        Ok!! so... i'm disapointed!!
        :O)

</font>
        I note that people are not using the spell check facility!

Comment

Comment

No takers on my Osborne quiz? He had a profound impact on the computer business. I'll soon divulge the answer if the old timers can't recall the significance.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

err, was he the Space Invaders champion?
              jim
              System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

I suppose I'll be showing my age, but wasn't he the guy that produced 'portable' computers, only they needed two arms and a trolley to carry them?

IIRC they announced their new model which had an amazing 80 character display, before their distributors had had time to run down their own stocks of the old 40-character display models. Of course, no one wanted these 'old' models anymore and the whole thing went down the pan.

Comment

Those answers are fairly correct but aren't really clear as to what the problem was. Osborne pre-announced his next computer way too soon before he could ship the product. Sales on his current line completely dried up in anticipation of the new computer. The new computer was delayed and he didn't have the finances to see it through to delivery therefor the company bellied up. The point is that Matrox doesn't want to announce their next gen card until its ready to ship it otherwise it would jeopardize sales of its current G4xx line. Its not surprising that they're so tight lipped about new products: Its the smart thing to do.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

If NVidia's NV20 has better image / equal to the Matrox. Will we stick to them. My Geforce MX has poor quality compared to my old g200. Unfortunately you cannot have a board with 2 agp slots. Cannot wait for the next board to come out. I just hope for our sakes it isn't a 'G500' with an overclocked G450 core and 128 bit DDR. Even if it is cheap.

Comment

Yeah, I can understand what you're saying. But to be honest, do you really think M is selling any G400 cards to the consumer (end-user) market? Or even G450s? G400s are pretty much dead.. no more MAXs around really, and the G450 basically replaces the G400, and you're not going to see someone go into a store or go online and say 'gee, I want to get a Matrox G450' unless its for a very specialized purpose.
                      They have contracts with OEMs for their G450 sales, so announcing a new product won't hurt that.

Comment

Who says that Matrox next product will be a board targeted for consumers? Maybe it's targeted just enough at OEMs for Matrox to keep silent on this.

At least I don't think that they keep quiet for competitors' sake, as designing a graphics core takes at least a year (so anticipation on specs by competitors isn't really practical), and I think that most graphic manufacturers are probably quite in the now about competitors (at least far, _far_ more than consumers are).

Comment

Does that have anything to do with their next product? At least, I don't see a link between them

Comment

Hey, dZeus ... remember this one posted on www.sharkyextreme.com ?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Matrix Palette Skinning

Matrox was evangelizing matrix palette skinning (MPS). MPS is much like vertex skinning. They both make more realistic deformations, skin, clothing and moving joints on models. MPS is a form of skinning that has far more control and power than vertex skinning because it has more control points. MPS has the potential to make a huge difference when modeling complex moving objects like talking human faces and hands, where vertex skinning does not provide enough control points. Future T&L hardware will support MPS. Matrox also spoke about perturbation mapping, which is a technique of using environment bump-mapping for more than just bumps.</font>

Dunno what really happened after that statement, but as posted above, there's hoping ...

[This message has been edited by Maggi (edited 18 February 2001).]
                            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                            LG BH10LS38
                            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Matrox indeed evangalized MPS on MS Meltdown 2000, and when Matrox advertises technologies, they usually implement it in their next product. But even then, MPS won't make their next videocard targeted at gamers necessarily. It wouldn't surprise me if Matrox doesn't think the G800 will be suffucient for hardcore gamers by the time it's finished. However, maybe Matrox will please the hardcore gamers group in another way?

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 18 February 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X