'Fusion' cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.amd.com/news/prodpr/21042.html

It says over 100 companys are working with them. Is Matrox one of them? Is that thing faster than agp? hope the g800 wont support it, coz if it does its gonna be another couple of months

Comment

• <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by frankymail:
      "Father I must confess, for I have sinned..."

I'll buy (or at least pre-order) a Millennium G800 64 MB as soon as possible, but in the mean time, I bought myself a Radeon LE 32 MB DDR (128-bits) which is available for $140 CAN!!!(The Radeon LE card is exactly the same as the regular Radeon 32 MB DDR, except it doesn't come with a fan and the chip is only cooled by an heatsink, which I immediatly replaced. I comes with the same 6 ns memory, but has HyperZ disabled in the registry (use the reg hack...) and is clocked down to 150 MHZ core / 150 MHz memory). I can say that I am very happy with my purchase (I overclocked the card to 200 MHz core / 200 MHz memory...) which makes me feel even more shameful... (I've always considered myself, and still do, as a hardcore MURCer... Of course, I kept my G400 in my main box, (I have a Sony E400 and a Sony 210GS attached to it), but I needed a little more for the time being. But, the G400 IS STILL MY MAIN CARD IN MY UNIVERSITY BOX (the Radeon is in my week-end fun box at home), and if I were to choose between the two, I would go for the G400 for Dual-Head and 2D quality. However, I just felt you guys should know that if you're looking for a temporary or second solution that has 3D speed neqar that of the GeForce 2 GTS, as reasonnable 2D/3D quality (much better than the GeForce 2 MX/GTS, yet nowhere near the output of the G400) and is cheaper than the GeForce 2 MX (about $90 US or $140 Can...), this card is worth a look... Go ahead flame me . . . but at least I never even had the thought to go out and buy a GeForce 2 MX/GTS or even Ultra...

Francis Beausejour

</font>
      ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

• Hmmmmmm

Perhaps the G550 is what they in the drivers called Matrox F450 Fusion?

Maybe the G550 is a card that preforms like a GF MX, G800 a card that preforms like GF2, and F800 a card that preform like GF3....

------------------
        - [GDI]Raptor

Comment

• no it isn't
          G550 is a completely different chip... Condor-2. G450 is the original Condor

Comment

• Hmmmmm... can't believe that last statement:

Condor-I and Condor-II; TNT 1 and TNT 2; Geforce 1 and Geforce 2; Millennium 1 and Millennium 2, I could go on..... Completely different? I don't think so. An enhanced product maybe, but I would doubt a radical new chip. (But then again, we can but hope for the best!)

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

• ahh... but that's not what I meant with different

I meant completely different from the G450 fusion... not that much different from the G4x0 architecture in general

Comment

• What I ment was that Matrox perhaps changeced the "roadmap"

G450 (Condor I) Didn't have the specifications that we saw on the "roadmap" showd on MURC

------------------
                - [GDI]Raptor

Comment

Working...
                X