Read this about G800!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LordPatrice:

You've got all of us interested now. Geez guy, you must be on to something!!!

How 'bout posting a link to that paystub?

Feel free to black out any damaging information...but if you're really trying to give us MURCER'S hope, you could prove what you say. After all you just sent it by e-mail to some Italian spoof!!!

Gimme a link!!!
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Did you guys READ the other thread this guy started? The one where he wants help with his home movies while he's at summer camp this year?

Umm... do people, even packers, at Matrox go to summer camp without losing their jobs?

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Gurm:
        Umm... do people, even packers, at Matrox go to summer camp without losing their jobs?
        </font>
        Well, my girlfriend goes to summer camp because she loves to entertain the kids. I'd rather have she'd stay home during her holidays but yeah well... if she likes it, why not.

So I wouldn't hold that summer camp against him.
        KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

Comment

My cat used to work for Matrox. He was the one in charge of chasing rodents. A thankless job really. Anyway, he was fired because he talked about the Millennium G400 before it came out. Think he said he posted something on an open forum... Not sure

Careful Lord Patrice...

------------------
          The waitress is practicing politics, as the business man slowly gets stoned...
          ...Yes they're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better then drinking alone.

[This message has been edited by Strahd (edited 06 March 2001).]
          #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
          people do all day!"

Comment

Gurm ... I read his post but I wouldn't say that disproves he works for Matrox. Packing, S/R personnel are many times transient and require a minimal amount of skills. There's no reason why Matrox wouldn't hire high-school kids to perform these functions. It also was never stated what type of camp it was and what his role was: He could be a counselor, or not ... and there are all types of camps for all ages, young and old.

Regardless, I'm more interested in some hard information and some validation of the source of that info. LordPatrice only declared ...
            <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">... the only G800 I saw was a proto and it was spectacular ...</font>
            The rest is opinion. In fact, the description "spectacular" is just an opinion and we don't even know his credentials to compare that observation with what we would feel. The "info" LordPatrice is offering is worthless so its moot whether or not he works at Matrox.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yeah, seriously.
              Some on.. a lot of you are taking the whole NDA thing a bit too seriously. I don't know of a company that would fire an employee for saying that they are working on a next gen product. Saying stuff like 'I've seen one' and 'It rocks' are hardly giving away company secrets.
              The lawyers start to get pissed when you post specs about the thing, not just because you said its going to rock the house.

Comment

Rylan,

NO, some of us AREN'T taking it too seriously. If we say the wrong thing, we get our status yanked, and possible legal action.

And "the wrong thing" includes most of what LordPatrice has said, useless though that information is.

- Gurm

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Why are most of the "old-timers" here on this list denying the fact that he actually has sent something via email to GinoCyber and both of them are QUIET since? Doesn't that prove something?

BTW, those "old-timers" / "four-digit-posters" are acting the same every time a person that is really likely to be working at M comes up at this forum, making the whole thread ridiculous - remember the nihilist / blue helix posts (and I strongly believe that this guy actually DID work at Matrox).

If one wanted to summarize: most of what those "claiming-to-know-something-specific" posters are basicly saying is quite similar: the next Matrox card won't be a GeForce-killer, but the next-next gen is looking VERY promising.

[This message has been edited by Indiana (edited 07 March 2001).]
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

Indiana - quite ironic isn't the people in here are always desperate for info on what's to come from Matrox and then when someone does appear and gives us a few tasty morsels they get hounded out of here!

Shame on you all

Anyway rumours I hear from certain sources close to Matrox (and no not an employee, or an ex-employee or a beta tester, I have to state that cuz these forums are under close scrutiny by the Matrox secret police) is wait for CeBIT

Comment

Maybe we need a new private forum where only selected people would be able to discuss those precious matters without the fear of being watched and sued by the Big Brother and his inquisition.
                      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Hey chaps,
                        I dont think Matrox's next card needs to be a geforce killer. All i'm looking for is a card that looks like a g400, is priced conveniently (i.e less than $200) and runs 3d much faster. Obviously DX8 compliancy would be a benefit.
                        If Matrox can give me a card with this spec then I will be as happy as a pig in s**t.

regards MD
                        Interests include:
                        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Thats right Ant! You go buddy!

Hall 9, Stand B76! Maggi's gonna be there with his cell phone and PalmPilot with a hot link to MURC! Then we can all clog the Matrox server putting our hard earned cash down for the hush card.

And MURC can offer a really big prize, like a 21" monitor, for order number {pick a number} of the hush card. Hell, even a 19" would be swell if the 21" is a bit much for MURC.

What do ya think?
                          ------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, equal rights...
                          For nVidia, same hall, Stand D41.
                          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                          Matrox P
                          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                          LianLiPC70

Comment

P&P to be paid by the winner, I guess Scompy?

But it would be a good idea, if there's a sponsor around here who's willing to donate such a monitor. And the only sponsors I've seen til this time are Britney & Christina who want me

Jord.
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yeah we need someone who works for say Sony to come up with some cheap goods for us

mdhome I think that TCFKAG will be exactly that according to what I saw posted by a certain ex-M employee, i.e. a beefed up G400 with something much better to follow later in the year. As for DX8 compliancy if the leaked Matrox road map from early last year was correct then TCFKAG was dependent on DX8. Much of this is backed up by snippets of information that have come out via various routes such as comments from the Amiga guy and Carmack of id Software. Guess we'll just have to hang around until the end of the month to find out.

Comment

I think if we got something like a g800 to compete in the gf2mx radeonle market, it would be a good way to go. I mean, around the $150 dollar range. and maybe the bad-ass shit for like $225... nothing more than $250 anyways.
                                What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Working...
                                X