No announcement yet.

Read this about G800!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed, surfing over different forums, that many people are thinking to give up Matrox. This will happen for sure unless, as I said before, they will announce an upcoming REAL product. Also, if you look at the image quality of the latest NVidia processor based graphic cards, you can't notice any appreciable difference with the mighty output produced by G400/G450, using a medium quality CRT monitor.
    As to Matrox support, I'm still using, with my G400Max, the old drivers because the last ones which have been released don't work with Windows98/ME/2000 + VIA Chipset. In your opinion, are these drivers meant to be stable ? I don't think so....

wake up Matrox, your customers are fed up !!

Comment

• hummm... Hardcore gamer... I play a 2-3 hours a week....

oki... I always think that I'm not a hardcore gamer... but I surly play 30 hours by week!
      ;O)

no ... I really don't think that matrox is give up..... Matrox was just to wise...

M surely don't have for now THE chipset that will kick ass... but when Matrox will have it we gonna have a super card to upgrade... no??

I hope...

I really like this Montreal busness... and it's where I'm come from!!!
      :O)))))

Comment

• hummm... Hardcore gamer... I play a 2-3 hours a week....

oki... I always think that I'm not a hardcore gamer... but I surly play 30 hours by week!
        ;O)

no ... I really don't think that matrox is give up..... Matrox was just to wise...

M surely don't have for now THE chipset that will kick ass... but when Matrox will have it we gonna have a super card to upgrade... no??

I hope...

I really like this Montreal business... and it's where I'm come from!!!
        :O)))))

Comment

• <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Ant:
          People, the beta testers around here are beta testers for Technical Support, they test drivers prior to release as I understand it. Yes they are under NDAs but that doesn't mean they know it all. Do you honestly think Matrox is going to tell these guys all of their plans? It's no good having a go at them for what they have or haven't said.</font>

Thanx a lot, Ant !

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Now all of the hype about Matrox and CeBIT has purely been started by rumours flying around the Net, there has never been any substance to it. I dopn't know anything, all I have said is wait out CeBIT and see what happens, if anything happens. It's no good getting angry and uptight, if Matrox still can't come out with a new product after 2 years then maybe you should be looking elsewhere. From my experience of Matrox they do things when they want and how they want whether that's right or wrong in our minds.</font>
          I don't mind to wait a bit longer, when I can avoid something like this ...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Right lets all now chill out and wait for the Kyro II to be released
          </font>
          Hercules said that it'll be in about two or three weeks and I guess that depends on their drivers.

Cheers,
          Maggi
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

• Yes, I am anxiously waiting for the KyroII, as I am seriously considering ditching my MAX for it.

And yes, while there are still a good number of pleased people here who are content with their Matrox cards, thats defiantely not the general feeling on other forums.
            You almost never see anyone who still has a Matrox card in a system that is used for any gaming, and those who still have them aregiving up on M and going for the KyroII or something else.

Its really sad to see.. how many people lost faith in Matrox.. but hey, you can't really blame them.. its Matrox who is driving away their dwindling support from the semi-gaming sector.

Comment

• I use my computer for some SOHO use, and some video editing, and when I have some time, a little gaming!

Originaly I used a ASUS V7700 Geforce 2 GTS Deluxe 64Mb w/TVInn & TVOut, but when I wanted to capture video under Windows 2000, the GeForce drivers didn't reply, and since I was capturing live from a comedy show, I had no other posibillityes than going home and collecting my old Matroc G400 Max and my Matrox Rainbow Runner G, and today a mounth later I still have my G400 MAX in my computer. The 2D quality is perfect, and 3D speed/quality isn't so bad...... on my Athlon 1200Mhz

I'm looking forward to the summer when Matrox (hopefully) annonces a new card, and I have no problems waiting!!

------------------
              - [GDI]Raptor

Comment

• Some questions for electic

1) is Matrox considering to implement the 48 bit rendering in their future products ?
                2) what does Matrox think about hardware acceleration of the Voxel rendering technique ?
                3) considering that Matrox is in strict relationship with Amiga guys, would it be possible to develop a product which is both DirectX compliant and featuring, at the same time, the new Amiga 3D architecture ? If so, is to be expected a tradeoff between compatibility and performance ?
                4) Can we expect in the near future a new family of 3d graphic cards implementing raytracing algorithms ?

Comment

• No new "Gamers" Card in the future of Matrox

Babelfish translation

What, therefore, it can be said at the moment with remarkable emergency is that the players who search the maximum possible velocistiche performances will do good to orientarsi towards other solutions in how much Matrox do not have in null preparation for this specific market.
                  http://www.hwupgrade.it/cebit/2001_1/index5.html

Comment

• http://www.hwupgrade.it/cebit/2001_1/index5.html

What I can say is that, analyzing the evolution of Matrox in last the 2 years, a progressive removal emerges clearly from the cards video 3d to elevated performances, specifically thoughts for the extreme videogiocatori, in favor of a greater one focus towards solutions business and entry level, let alone to integration with the Such one trend will come continued also in the next generation of cards video, for which a precise date of commercialization is not known but that, to my warning, he is expectable to attend nel.giro.di some months.

Comment

• People keep going on about Matrox turning their backs on Gamers, as far as I'm aware the only product they have produced directly aimed at Gamers was the M3D, every other card has been general purpose. If by a gamers card they mean the fastest thing on the planet which cost >£400 then I can't imagine them producing a product in that category. Matrox have made their reputation from producing high quality video cards with unique features, good performance and at a reasonable price. If their next card, whenever it arrives, is faster than a G400 Max with some extra features plus the usual Matrox visual quality then I think their market position will be maintained. If you only play games and have money to burn then your looking at the wrong company. I have been buying Matrox cards for years and will continue to do so as I believe they produce the best, not necessarily the fastest, cards around.

[This message has been edited by Taz (edited 28 March 2001).]
                      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

• Taz your extremely right!!

and I've read something interesting... Raytrace Rendering on the fly??
                        WoW!
                        it would be very very interesting...
                        but I really don't think it's for tomorrow....
                        just for the longtime it will take to render in 3DS Max.... it will be very very slow on a GPU....

But an interesting feature I guess!!

And I'm waiting. Whit the experience I have in video card... I really think that Matrox was the best card for me.... just for one thing... 3D max... to slow by moment... but the dualhead is a MUST in design ... and a great dualhead... not the Radeon VE crap.

So... if I've got experience whit video card .... I've got no whit Win2k.... so if people want to read... I've got a problem that very annoying in the post "G400 random freeze" and if you have an answer please help!!
                        thanks a lot!

Comment

• I think KvHagedorn is completely right, as is Taz.

Gaming: Why do we stick to our G400s or whatever?
                          Because they still deliver. With a sufficiently powered CPU like an Athlon 600+ or so the G400 is overpowering standard issue TNT2s (i dont mean M64s, and neither Ultras ) on a regular basis (at least in my vicinity) and they kick the crap out of them in picture quality too. I cherish the moments when people at LANs stand in front of my crappy, 5 year old 15" monitor and gawk "Great colors... what settings do you use?" and i say "Superior technology, boys, not settings." If i weren't satisfied and couldn't play my games with the G400 i would have bought another card, as would you, i think. But i don't, like most of you.

Gaming, part 2: Like Taz said, when did Matrox build its last "Gamers" card? The m3d i think, with the PowerVR1 (grampa of the Kyro II) and it sucked big time. Before that were the Milleniums and the Mystiques. And the Milleniums were never target at a gaming audience in the first place. At this time pure coincidence (well ok, game technology) allowed the best 2D card around to be the best gaming card too. But it was not targeted at gamers. Same is true for the G200, which is by design a businuess card with limited 3D capabilities. Same goes for the G400. The G400Max was the attempt to satsify the gamers part of Matrox customers, since it offered good 3D capabilities, superior to most other solutions at the time. But the focus of the G400 was non-gaming use. Why would Matrox invest a whole lot of research and money into features like DualHead if they want to make a gamer's card? Because they won't. DualHead is usefull for businuess in the first place, only now games appear that use DualHead (Serious Sam, i think). And why do companies like NVidia or ATI implement DualHead functinaliyt into their lower end cards? Because it is such a great gaming feature? Excuse me while i duck some flying pigs... No, because the lower priced cards are aimed at businuess customers. Those don't need 1 Zillion FPS in some shooter.

And therefore i can't accuse Matrox of "letting us down". They are doing what they did all the time, build superior cards for businuess use. After all, i don't go to Volkswagen whose minibusses i use because of load capacity and so on and say "you are letting me down because you don't build a sports car on par with Porsche..."

Ahhh, forgive me my ranting. I really like to read these G800 threads but i simply don't feel like Matrox is letting anybody down.

Best regards

Comment

• That sound very smart!!

It's good to see that some people are mature.

But just a things... the g400 was not gamer targeted and I agree. But Matrox show that they was able to do such a card ... very fast and very high quality ending, why they don't do it again??
                            I think that was the real question of many gamer on this board.
                            The professional market seem to be more and more interested in video card that can do everything (just like the G400 max a year ago).

Comment

• <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">But Matrox show that they was able to do such a card ... very fast and very high quality ending, why they don't do it again??</font>
                              Who says they won't???

Joel
                              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

• The G450....

and all new chip seem to be in this way in the future....

Comment

Working...
                                X