Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are theese strange things in G400 driver...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you mean RCMP? FBI are for the yankees.
    Primary system specs:
    Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

this has been obvious for a while...

remember the vertex shader demo? yeah, vertex shaders. big whoop. what was more interesting about it is that they used the built in matrix transform commands - something that the previous demos did not use. looking through older source code, they always defined their own functions to do this...

so why switch over... the only advantage that the built in DX functions offer is possible hardware T&L.... and you could wind up using broken functions as you never know how the code works if you are not using a hardware implementation...

of course, true vertex shader support requires a fully programable T&L unit anyways, and the type of support for the T&L matrix transforms is more of a legacy issue....
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I got a good tip for you.. being a Canadian and all...

If you want to avoid the RCMP its very simple... just be sure to listen for the horses coming down the street... when you hear them its time to sneak out back...

Oh and hide in a Tim Hortens Donut Shop.. as soon as they get in the door they will forget you as the idea of a Large Double Double Coffee (Which is a must) will take over and they will forget all about you...

Then before they get back outside (it will take them about half an hour) and remember they are after you... feed their horses some homemade boston cream donuts.. (with your own special filling of exlax) as any person knows... a horse with the runs isn't going to be looking too forward to running.

Failing that they will have to persue on foot and they won't like that idea (Try sitting on a horse all day and then running) so you will be home free.

Last but not least... if they come back to your house.. just do the following.

THEM: Are You (insert name here).

YOU: Yes I am ... how may I help you.

THEM: You are wanted for breaking a Disclaimer.

YOU: Yeah... probably.

THEM: You are under arrest.. any questions.

YOU: Yeah... What's with that G800.

THEM: No Comment.

YOU: So you know about the G800 but won't tell?

THEM: No Comment.

YOU: Can you tell me about it?

THEM: Go away...

YOU: But its my house... so does it have T&L?

THEM: Quit asking us questions we aren't allowed to answer!

YOU: Well then leave!

THEM: Good Idea... Come on (other RCMP Officer) lets goto Tim Hortens and get away from this nut...

------------------
        Hang Low and Limber
        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

surely viewing the contents of an un-encrypted file is not reverse-engineering, (finding out how it does what it does), De-compile, (gain the source code from the compiled binary), Dis-assemble, (To take apart, well its still in one piece isn't it).

So chill.
          You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

You´re quite right Colin,

and UltraEdit isn´t a disassembler, it´s a text/hexeditor. And that´s not the same thing.

rubank

Comment

*cough*joke*cough*

Comment

DZ you have to be a little more obvious...

The majority of posts above this one were mainly created to cause you to

Failure to do so and getting too serious could lead to you turning red

But be also forewarned that too much booze could make you throw up

And if you are running from the RCMP... just goto Tim Hortens... (Which is where I am going in a few minutes...)

So if you notice yourself reading this post and thinking its real.. I suggest going out and tying one on LOL

Disclaimer... the above is not meant as an insult but as a means to bust a gut or have a yuk. Failure to do so is a breach of law and within 5 minutes of reading this thread a nicely uniformed Canadian RCMP officer will be riding his pony to your front door to take you and anyone else in your house to a Britiny Spears concert and away from your computer

LOL.. I need to have more coffee.. my mind isn't working too well.. so this one might not be as funny as the other ones.

------------------
                Hang Low and Limber

[This message has been edited by cbman (edited 01 April 2001).]
                AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

cbman: You forgot one thing....

This message will self destruct in 5...4...

b
                  Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

I really would not be surprised if the next drivers come with a hidden "nvidia eat shit!" message, just like in that matrox promo flick.
                    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

This is the funniest sh*t I have read in some time ROTFLMAO®
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

LOL impact, you still remember that...

These were the times

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 03 April 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                        X