No announcement yet.

Electic.com Matrox Interview next Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait and see has been the stance Matrox seems to have taken the whole time. That's the reason I decided to take the plunge and buy a competitor's product for the meantime- we'll never know when Matrox really has something planned, and it's a waste of my time waiting when I can be using something better right now.

When, or if Matrox releases another card, it'll get evaluated for my needs just like every other new product on the market has, but I gave up on the waiting game a long time ago.

There's nothing like stringing yourself along..

[This message has been edited by Ace (edited 01 May 2001).]
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Oh by the way I am not angry. In any case I am broke so I am not too unhappy the card isn't coming out now. It is just that as far as I am concerned he said nothing that concerns me. I figure that at some point in time Matrox are going to release a card that is a very good gaming solution as a side effect, but I just don't think that it will be this year. I read nothing to convince me otherwise. Matrox is to info as ATi is to drivers.
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Ace summed it up pretty well. Unless its posted on the Matrox web page and is shipping, don't count on anything.
        Its all rumors as far as I'm concerned.. I've grown tired of waiting and waiting just to hear more of the same rumors, or rumors of bad news (G800 terminated, G550 gonna be lackluster etc).
        When Matrox releases something worthwhile in a few years, it'll be worth the effort to take a look at. Until then, its time to look elsewhere.

Comment

Ace summed it up pretty well. Unless its posted on the Matrox web page and is shipping, don't count on anything.
          Its all rumors as far as I'm concerned.. I've grown tired of waiting and waiting just to hear more of the same rumors, or rumors of bad news (G800 terminated, G550 gonna be lackluster etc).
          When Matrox releases something worthwhile in a few years, it'll be worth the effort to take a look at. Until then, its time to look elsewhere.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by DentyCracker:
            Read the Electic Matrox interview. Dan Wood spoke at length about .........NOTHING AT ALL</font>

There were a few very interesting things said in that interview. One thing I liked was:

The last thing I would say to our loyal fan base is that we are a quiet company but we have over 400 engineers devoted to cutting edge graphics research and we will continue to lead and bring innovative new products to market.

They have FOUR HUNDRED engineers working on new technologies.... you really think that Matrox are not going to bring out some real kick-ass stuff within the next year?

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

MatroxRep responds in the Electic.com forum. http://www.electic.com/iforum/topic....ic=46&start=75

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Hey Guys,

It is interesting to read through the posts and see the brainstorming going on. I'd say one of the hardest parts about being a PR rep., or flack as we are sometimes referred to ;-), is that we have to keep quiet about what is going on behind closed doors. You don't know how many times I would like to spill the beans about what we're working on, but is it constructive? Will users appreciate the tease? If spec's change prior to release will users get disappointed? These are all facts that must be considered. Also, as some of the forum posts have said, we are a private company. We don't rely on hype to sell our stocks. Shareholders don't dictate what we release and when, what technology we should use or not and as a result we can focus on what really matters to us and that is satisfying our valued customers by coming out with innovative products. Another business point that was brought up in the forum as well, is markets and market share. One of the first things they teach you in business is targeting your market and not going head to head with the competition unless the financial and market share advantage greatly supersedes the cost of getting it. The commercial desktop market is vastly larger than the hard core gaming market. Does that mean that we have given up on the gaming market? Not at all. I remember people asking that same question back when the G100 first came out and then we came out with G400. With G450 we simply had a business decision to make at the time and as such felt we could garner a larger share of the commercial desktop market due to our strengths at appealing to these users specific needs, like: strong 2D, WHQL certified drivers, multi-monitor support, price and reputation. We've been around for 25 years and strategic relationships have been built and strengthened. Do companies want to engage in a business relationship with a company that may not be around a year from now? Hate to bring it up, but look at 3dfx? Who would have seen that happening a year ago. What happens to users who sh*ll ed big bucks for hardware before they went under and need support?

In final, I hope I was able to answer a couple of questions and I know you guys will comb through everything I have written and make up your own interpretations ;-). But I really can't stress it enough that we are a business and have been here through everything, from the original Digital mainframes to the new P4. We were innovators then and will continue to be, how can we not? When you cease to innovate you die, and we aren't dying. I'd also like to thank Rajeev for his hard work in getting this Matrox review and post going, and also you the fans and critics. It is through your input and appreciation of what we do that we are here. Your passion serves to reinforce what we do and to make sure we do it well.

Thanks and all the best,

Sebastian Macdougall
              Matrox PR Rep.</font>
              Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 02 May 2001).]
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

He's repeating what I've been saying this last year. Must have been reading my posts ... ... or its just good sense.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Matrox must have something really hot going on ... just look who's snooping in ... looking for a new acquisition?

<TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Hate to be the first, but what?

The only person who looks slightly familiar is the guy in the orange shirt in the bottom photo. He looks like the salesman I bout my Range Rover off.

Apart from that, who are we meant to be looking at?

Also, how come the preview subform thing below this box is of the 1st page of the thread, not the second?

Ali

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Ali:
                      ... Apart from that, who are we meant to be looking at?</font>
                      The geeking looking guy. Oops too many of those. The geeky looking guy who looks like a snake who just swallowed its prey. You know ... Sir Gates!

Comment

He was admiring our G200 quad board which he didn't know we had. Seriously.

Haig

Comment

Yeah.. Billy Boy probably doesn't know too much about the computer industry's new hardware.... but ask him anything about the legal system and he's got your answer... LOL

I can see him becoming a lawyer and being a Richard Shapiro.. (I think that is the name)...

LOL

------------------
                          Canadian... Hell Ya!!!
                          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

I highly apreciate the open answers that Sebastian are giving, but I seriously wished he would stumble into these halls and talk to us, too.

I mean after all, we are the Matrox addicts, aren't we ?

Haig,

I think B-Boy was kidding, because we have two intances of him, lurking here every now and then ...

Cheers,
                            Maggi
                            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                            LG BH10LS38
                            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Seb and other PR people already walk these halls, they just doesn't contribute. Come on Seb and the others if you can contribute in other forums you can do it in these, we won't bite, much

Comment

I looked at him. It looked a little like him in the top photo, but in the bottom one it doesnt look anything like I thought. He looks more like a 18 year old virgin living with his parents.

Looks like I should stop relying on MS word to fix all my typos too. Bought - bout, same thing

Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X