No announcement yet.

My new G450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your card seems clocked lower than 125/166.

[This message has been edited by Novdid (edited 15 May 2001).]

Comment

So? Does that help me to get my AGP in working condition? I'll overclock it to 200/300 if that helps !

------------------
      Problems are like babies; they only grow by nursing.
      Hey, maybe you and I could... you know... [SLAP] Agh!

Comment

the clockrate is fine.

Try forcing 1x AGP in your BIOS (in stead of 2x AGP). Otherwise: do a clean reinstall of windows, with only DX8, Ali AGP and the latest PowerDesk driver installed.

Comment

I tried forcing AGP to 1x, but my bios hasn't such switch so I used Powerstrip, and it didn't keep the setting. It was still at 2x after reboot. I tried to use MTSTU also, but with no luck.

I think the full reinstallation is my last option. I have zillion programs and I'd have install every one of them again... or maybe I could export whole registry to a file and import it after reinstallation. Would it work?

What if DirectX 8 doesn't like my hardware conf? If I downgraded DirectX to 7, I could have a chance to get it work. Anyone knows where I can download a DirectX uninstaller?

Comment

Hey, I found this old thread, where people report about same kind of problems. I don't have time to read it thoroughly right now, as next lesson is about to start.

Comment

Well, I'm going to install 5.2x drivers and see if they'll work. Wish me luck!

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by villerk:
                ... I think the full reinstallation is my last option. I have zillion programs and I'd have install every one of them again... or maybe I could export whole registry to a file and import it after reinstallation. Would it work?</font>
                You would need to do a restore of your application files (data and program) along with the Registry restore after reinstalling the OS. If you did a full restore, you may also be restoring the problem you're trying to address unless you restored from a point in time where you didn't have this problem. You could try a selective restore of your apps/data but you would still have the old app entries in your restored Registry. I'd say your best options are first restore from a known good backup or second, continue to try and find the problem and fix it.

<TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

But it's so much work! I've reinstalled Win98 a couple of times and it took me a week to get everything working right again. But if that's the only way...

Comment

I plugged a second monitor in to do some tests. (Win2000 looks nice in 2730x1024x32bit )

DVDMax doesn't work correctly. When playing a video, regardless of its format, with Matrox DVD player it doesn't display anything on the second display or displays only the first frame and when I press stop or try to close the program, it locks up the computer totally! Only cold boot gets it back running again. I've tried all combinations in Powerdesk's DVDMax tab, but they won't do a thing. I've tried it on both TV and a second monitor. This happens in both Win98 and Win2000. Strangely 5.52 drivers won't display a thing on the second display, not even send a signal to it, so I guess they're wise enough not to do it, if there's some problem.

Serious Sam reports that no suitable OpenGL hardware accelerated graphics card is found, after flashing the display a couple of times.

When playing Half-Life in DirectX mode I can't switch back to the menu as it displays only black screen (though the menus still work). Pressing Esc again I can go back to the game. When trying to enable OpenGL Half-Life reports that my graphics card hasn't OpenGL support. Software modes work correctly.

The strangest thing is that these problems are exactly same in both Win98 and Win2000, but AGP still works correctly in Linux.

I've tried these drivers:
                    - Win2000
                    * WHQL 5.32

- Win98
                    * WHQL 6.22

None of them works correctly. Should I post this to forums.matrox.com too? Maybe they could help.

Comment

Okay try this. Use the Matrox uninstaller available from the Ultities section on there web site. Run this and reboot when prompted.
                      Let windoze install the standard vga graphics card. Reboot and then re-install the matrox drivers. It maybe worth re-installing Directx 8 again as well.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Already tried that, doesn't help. I used Powerdesk uninstaller every time before I installed new drivers.

AS I use almost all the time only Win2000 I could format my C: where Win98 is and try to get my G450 work there.

Comment

Working...
                        X