New Beta Drivers for G400!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeTe
    If 1/2 performance is the price of fixing couple bugs.. make the drivers buggier ( or what the h*ll that word should be ) and give us some SPEED..

PeTe
    Hey! Have you seen the "beta" word in this driver's version number?
    It's not final, it's beta... There are bugs, unfortunately a lots of bugs...

Comment

Beta or not to Beta, that the question.

Sure, i saw the Beta comment.. im not blind you know.

But if the performance goes down 1/3 ( even with beta drivers ) when fixing couple bugs in programs that i dont even use, i want matrox to make a GAMERS driver set with LOADS of bugs in progs and really old games ... but with a 1/4, 1/8 or even 1/2000 speed increase.

Dont you know when a post might be kind of a joke ?

PeTe

Comment

One more thing with these new drivers strangely they dont supprt TurboGL is it because they are beta? its a sheme because Turbo GL gives a good 5 FPS to Quake III there for you cant really compare performance of 6.51 with Turbo GL and 6.71 with no Turbo GL.
        Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Actually TurboGL support was dropped a long time ago - when PD 6.x came out. But it still works sometimes with PD 6.x.

Comment

I've reverted back to the 5.52 drivers with the 5.51 opengl icd, as the 5.71 drivers caused a lot of lockups in opengl on my machine with my G400. Even when I used the 5.51 icd with the 5.71 I got the lockups.

Comment

Working...
            X