I am NOT under NDA......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm .... I don't like it at all ....

I don't believe a word of what is coming out and yet some of it sticks in my mind ---> so i'm constantly lowering my hopes about this new card from matrox so I won't be disappointed when it arrives.

But it's getting harder and harder the closer we are getting to the 14 of may.

Oh well ... life goes on.
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

i don't know about everyone else, but i am quite enjoying the tension of waiting for the card now that we know it definitely exits
      I'm trying, but the memory of last time is still plaguing me. I can see it now:

Matrox announces the all new G551, with rendering features for the next generation of professional graphics.

- New ECE technology. The Epiglottis Casting Engine(tm) allows real time rendering of the small dangly thing at the back of your throat.

- RTS Processing. The most revolutionary development in the gaming industry since the invention of Super Mario Brothers, the Realtime Tonsilectormy System allows the removal of an opponents Epiglottis across low-speed connections.

- All new BF(r). The new Bug-Fix(registered trademark) has been applied to all Matrox video drivers, correcting a minor spelling error in one of the help files. From a press conference with the Senior Marketing Director of Matrox Graphics Inc: "We feel that this spelling correction will usher in a new era for the graphics industry, once again establishing Matrox as the unrivaled leader in marketing double-talk."

I really hope Matrox will do things right this time. Now that they're finally ready to release something more than vague rumors, I'm behind them every step of the way if they want to take on the 3D market again. But we've heard all this before, and they're going to have to release something more substantial than some impressive marketing hype if they want to win back my trust..........

Comment

Hazmat2k, don't kick yourself at all, more so if your supplier sent you that information. I do have a 30cm boot covered foot you can borrow if you wish to kick you supplier however

Cheesekeeper: patience gr****opper
        ps No I don't know, but I do trust the people here that do, that keep saying we will not be dissapointed

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Me thinks he's kept the cheese aging a little too long

This time around guy you will not feel the same as above... besides next Tuesday isn't that far off
          Last edited by Greebe; 9 May 2002, 11:00.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Nope, the cheese is fine - it's my G400MAX that's been aging for too long

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
              This time around guy you will not feel the same as above... besides next Tuesday isn't that far off
              Yes but this kind of Matrox card is something that only comes along once in a blue moon, and most everyone here wants one in a bad way. The time between now and next Tuesday is gonna feel like the last couple days before Christmas used to seem when i was only six years old.
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

One wonders if this new Matrox chip meets or exceeds (on paper) the recently announced 3DLabs P10 Visual Processing Unit.

Guess we'll find out shortly.

I found it interesting that 3DLabs' seem to have pushed up their announcement date to be prior to the Matrox announcement. Perhaps it was just a conicidence.

Comment

Perhaps the "P" in P10 refers to Parhelia.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The 3dlabs card is still on paper though.

The parhella is just next week.
                    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

There is no relation between the two
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rugger

The parhella is just next week.
                        Thinking back to the initial G400 announcement, didn't it take several months for hardware to make it into the channel?

So I'm thinking we won't be seeing hardware as being in stock on the Matrox Online Store March 14th.

Comment

Maybe,

We will have to wait and see. But, the parhella must be pretty much fully fleshed out and created and on silicon and on boards for them to be officially announcing it.

It doesn't mean they have commercial supplies yet, just that it is finished.
                          80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                            Perhaps the "P" in P10 refers to Parhelia.
                            And the 10 refers to it as only being 10% of what the Parhelia is capable of
                            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

I guess we have to wait for them to reverse Engineer the Matrox card......

<FONT SIZE=4> No Damn Answers!!!<SUP>tm</SUP>...
                              <FONT SIZE=1><SUP>tm</SUP> courtesy of xortam <FONT SIZE=2>

Last edited by ALBPM; 9 May 2002, 13:53.
                              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                                There is no relation between the two
                                Ahhhh, come on Mike. You ruined all the fun. We could have spent the whole day speculating about that one.

And thanks for continuing to honor me with the credits Paul.
                                Last edited by xortam; 9 May 2002, 15:14.
                                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                                X